Which Phones have you been able to connect to the CX-9 via Bluetooth?

Galaxy Note 3 with 09 CX9 Bose Navi...
Ipod Nano 7th Gen

However, the radio won't display metadata on any of the music from either device. Any ideas on that?

Just got a new S5, and paired up fine. Ive yet to have a phone that didnt. Wifes's S3 is paired up, and my old Electrify M or whatever its called worked awesome also.

Nope, didn't help at all. Tried it with my regular music app, Google Play music, Spotify, Jango, Pandora and iheartradio. No luck.

Bummer. Sorry to hear that. Worked perfectly with a few buggy music apps I was using on my LG G3.

Just out of curiosity, did you read the notes on the app page on Google Play? There's something about having to give the app access to notifications for it to be able to work. Also, make sure that whatever music app you're using is showing current song/artist info in your notification drawer as that is where it obtains the info to send on to your stereo.

Yeah, I tried all the different settings. I don't see any data in the notification drawer.

Yeah, I tried all the different settings. I don't see any data in the notification drawer.

That's probably why it's not working then. Check the settings of your music app and see if there is an option to enable notifications or extended notifications. Once that info shows up in notifications, the AutoAudio app can grab it to send to your stereo. For instance, I'm using the GoneMAD Music Player and under Preferences > General there is a whole menu for Notifications options. I have it set to a smaller notification (see below), but there are several options.

cdmMGef.png

Anyone know why the iPhone 5s isn't compatible to download SMS texts to the CX-9? How long do we need to wait?

Anyone know why the iPhone 5s isn't compatible to download SMS texts to the CX-9? How long do we need to wait?

indefinatly... This is an Apple issue and their security wont allow SMS to be broadcast. It works fine with others, just not Apple devices. Mazda has no control over this. So I wouldnt hold your breath waiting. I agree its frustrating, back when I used a Blackberry, it worked just fine, and I miss that.

indefinatly... This is an Apple issue and their security wont allow SMS to be broadcast. It works fine with others, just not Apple devices. Mazda has no control over this. So I wouldnt hold your breath waiting. I agree its frustrating, back when I used a Blackberry, it worked just fine, and I miss that.

Actually, there's a TSB on this. They have to install an updated bluetooth module to correct it though. Here's the link to the TSB

http://danlevy.photography/tsb.pdf

Hmmm... well the 20 second load time seems like an improvement, but it's sad that they still haven't fixed the playlist issues. Thanks for the info.

See my above post. There's a TSB out to fix slow loading times via USB and also SMS/Text Messages on iPhones.

Samsung Galaxy s5. Both Call and music stream works great and I can even jump between tracks using controls on the steering wheel

Nexus 5X on a 2016 Prestige. Works great OOB, bluetooth audio plays and volume will lower for navigation sound (both vehicle and phone nav - Waze).

After zero problems with LG G4, I've switched to LG V20, and it doesn't work as well at all.
There are often cases where the phone would fail to connect to the car, and only turning BT off/on on the phone would allow it to re-connect. Whether it's BT 4.2 vs 4.1, or Android 7 vs Android 7, or simply different hardware I'm not sure ...

Nokia 635 Windows phone connects but I have to turn the car radio volume way up to listen to Pandora. Also have a Kocaso Android phablet that connects too and Pandora sounds better than FM with it.

Back