Fuel Tank Issues

cocoagyrl77

:
Black CX-7 GT w/ Sand Interior
So, I have been driving my CX7 for a few months now and I have not had any issues until now...

I filled up my CX7 on Thursday. I did a little running around on Friday and went out Friday Night (98 miles since the fill up). I get up Saturday morning to leave and the fuel gauge is registering 1/4 tank left!!! What in the hell....??? So, I have been driving because I know that there is more gas in the tank and I am now up to 220 miles (additional 122 miles) and the gauge is still registering 1/4 of a tank. What in the heck is going on??? I am taking my CX7 in for service tomorrow.

Service Dept could not figure out anything...But, I filled up and everything seems to be ok now....Guess it was just a fluke.

cocoagyrl77 said:
So, I have been driving my CX7 for a few months now and I have not had any issues until now...

I filled up my CX7 on Thursday. I did a little running around on Friday and went out Friday Night (98 miles since the fill up). I get up Saturday morning to leave and the fuel gauge is registering 1/4 tank left!!! What in the hell....??? So, I have been driving because I know that there is more gas in the tank and I am now up to 220 miles (additional 122 miles) and the gauge is still registering 1/4 of a tank. What in the heck is going on??? I am taking my CX7 in for service tomorrow.

For me, I average about 300 miles per tank full. I use the trip meter as a back up to the fuel guage.

Vince.

Back