Steering wheel Replacement

jwbr71

Hi. Somebody knows if an '05 mazda 3 steering wheel can be installed to an mp5? I want to know if this fit into the column, and the airbag can be connected to the mp5 airbag harness. Thanks.

the spline count is likely the same but airbag stuff i am sure its not plug and play. why do you want the mazda3 wheel?

Captain KRM P5 said:
the spline count is likely the same but airbag stuff i am sure its not plug and play. why do you want the mazda3 wheel?

Hi. The reason is because i want to install a double din JVC kw-avx800, but JVD dont sell any steering wheel remote control for this unit. The only option they have is an SWI-JACK Steering Wheel Audio Control Interface, that work with the original audio controls of the oem steering wheel. One question: there are any model of protege that have steering wheel with audio controls? Thanks.

jwbr71 said:
Hi. The reason is because i want to install a double din JVC kw-avx800, but JVD dont sell any steering wheel remote control for this unit. The only option they have is an SWI-JACK Steering Wheel Audio Control Interface, that work with the original audio controls of the oem steering wheel. One question: there are any model of protege that have steering wheel with audio controls? Thanks.
European proteges have audio control inplace of the cruise control buttons (might have just been an option on Euro cars). There is a thread posted about it by TheMan. of course you will lose your cruise control buttons or atleast the position of them. The audio controller has a harness that plugs directly into the back of the stock head unit.

gimpo2 said:
European proteges have audio control inplace of the cruise control buttons (might have just been an option on Euro cars). There is a thread posted about it by TheMan. of course you will lose your cruise control buttons or atleast the position of them. The audio controller has a harness that plugs directly into the back of the stock head unit.
Is it possible to get this part in the U.S.? Part number?

magnumP5 said:
Is it possible to get this part in the U.S.? Part number?

yeah you can get it. i think you might need to know the parts guy. i can't seem to find the thread about it anywhere on this forum or imazda....

gimpo2 said:
yeah you can get it. i think you might need to know the parts guy. i can't seem to find the thread about it anywhere on this forum or imazda....
Hmm, guess I'll have to do some digging. I currently have no CC and I hate playing with the radio while driving (I don't like taking my attention away from driving) so this could be fun.

Back