Centric Rotors / Posi-Quiet pads problem

Erci

:
2003.5 Mazda p5
I replaced stock front rotors and pads with the ones mentioned in thread title. (got them from propartsusa.com) I noticed right away that there was a bit of vibration when braking at highway speeds, but I assumed and hoped that they would just need to be broken in.
I've now used them for 3k miles and it's gotten much worse. Terrible vibration under medium to heavy braking at highway speeds.
I'm guessing the rotors are warped (and were warped to begin with).
Anyone else experience this problem? Could anything else cause this?
Is this something that should/could be covered under warranty?
Car is perfectly smooth when not braking, so it's not a balance issue.
Thanks!

The rotors are warped from uneven brake wear. You can get the rotors turned (ground back to a smooth surface) for pretty cheap. I would check your pads and make sure they are contacting your brakes properly, you may need to use brake shims.

I have the same setup for my rears, and axxis deluxe plus pads on the front. I have not had any warping...although, i've only been about on mine for about 1200 miles.

I installed the centric rotors on my MSP but used EBC Green Stuff pads.
Almost 2 years later I've had no problems whatsoever (except a lot of brake dust.)

Did you properly bed them in? I think you're supposed to brake from about 70mph without coming to a complete stop a couple of times.
But yeah, you should have them turned and see if that helps.

proper bedding is:

get going up to 25, brake evenly down to 10
accel up to 35, brake evenly down to about 10mph
accel up to 45, brake evenly down to 20
accel up to 55, brake evenly down to 20
accel up to 65, brake evenly to stop.

What you are trying to do is get your pads hot to the core, and have them bed (sit flush) with the rotor.

Jeff@Tri-Point said:
Customer contacted us earlier this morning and told us he did not bed them in.

It is hard to get defective rotors out of the box because they are double disc grinded down which usually ensures that the rotors are even.

http://www.centricparts.com/Centric White Paper C2-Bed-In Theory.pdf

Please read this as to why Bed In Procedure is so important.

Yup, that was me, Jeff! Thanks very much for taking my phone call and discussing the issue with me.
I've never heard of such a bed-in procedure (I was always told to just take it easy on the brakes, the 1st 200 miles or so), so yeah.. I didn't bed them in the right way.
I didn't mean in any way to imply that I had an issue with propartsusa or that the product was inferior. Just wanted to hear from others using same product and to see if something else may be causing this.
I'll check the pads for wear and I'll get the rotors turned. Thanks!

Jeff@Tri-Point said:
Customer contacted us earlier this morning and told us he did not bed them in.

It is hard to get defective rotors out of the box because they are double disc grinded down which usually ensures that the rotors are even.

http://www.centricparts.com/Centric White Paper C2-Bed-In Theory.pdf

Please read this as to why Bed In Procedure is so important.

I'm confused, I read the whole thing and didn't find the bed-in procedures. The end of the article says, "The recommended procedures below should provide you with the information you need to select the bed-in procedure appropriate for your application." Below this paragraph is the contributing authors credentials, not a recommended procedures for proper bed-in.

Is this the cover page for a more extensive bed-in procedure linked to another PDF?

Back