2006 Mazda 3 Stock Dyno

Akaveli

I Alwayz Haz Ava Hottiez
Contributor
:
{2002 Mazda Protege DX}[2004 Acura RSX Type S]
I got my car Dynoed today at All Aspects Motorsports.

DynoJet

I have a 2006 Mazda3 5speed Hatch. Stock hp is 160hp/150tq. No engine mods. Only mods I have are springs, rear sway, front strut bar, hids, angel eyes and Short Shifter.

We did 3 pulls. First pull was highest 138whp, 2nd 137whp and 3rd was 136whp

2655418_79_full.jpg

2655418_81_full.jpg

2655418_80_full.jpg

Run conditions 82.12F, 30.27 in-Hg, Humidity: 29%
Max Power 138.43 Max Torque 137.40

Now its time to install my CAI, headers and cat-back exhaust.

Last edited:
Nice series of pulls, There is a bit of drivetrain loss but it must be nice to have a baseline for the future.

Brian MP5T said:
Nice series of pulls, There is a bit of drivetrain loss but it must be nice to have a baseline for the future.

Thanks. what could cause the drivetrain loss?

Akaveli said:
Thanks. what could cause the drivetrain loss?
Having drivetrain ;) I.e. transmission, etc. It takes power to run the trans, rotate the wheels, etc.

It's normal, the engine is rated at "Whatever" HP the company claims. In this case I believe Mazda said the 2.3 is 160 ish at the crank.

The Tranny and other bits like your Alternator and Power Steering pump rob a bit of HP, so your numbers are totally fine.

You can reduce the losses by removing the components like I did, But I do not recomend it unless you are a bit of a nutjob like me.

Brian MP5T said:
It's normal, the engine is rated at "Whatever" HP the company claims. In this case I believe Mazda said the 2.3 is 160 ish at the crank.

The Tranny and other bits like your Alternator and Power Steering pump rob a bit of HP, so your numbers are totally fine.

oh ok. Next month I'll be doing another dyno once I have my I/H/E installed. (lol2)

Did a search and found this on Edmunds. Its a review on the 01' Protg. Stats should be about the same?

The LX 2.0 provides LX owners with the ES' 130-horse engine -- for those who would like more power, but don't want to spring for the top model. Those who do choose the ES will benefit from the bigger wheels/tires and four-wheel disc brakes mentioned earlier, a sport suspension, air conditioning, keyless entry, a rear spoiler and fog lights. Pricing (including destination charges) ranges from $13,245 for the DX to $16,015 for the ES.

yeah but that is the horsepower to the crank, i would like to know what i would be stock to the wheels. 90-100???

Back