Headlight leaking

tree20s25

:
mazda CX-7 gt
when I picked up mu new cx-7 gt, everything was fine until the next day it down poured, and I noticed the following day while i was washing it, that there were water marks on the drivers headlight cluster, I thought it was on the outside, but when I tried to wash it off, it would not. I then realized that it was on the inside of the headlight cluster, so I took it in and they have to replace it. Did any one else have this problem. By the way I still think its the best car I owned so far.

When the RX-8s first came out they had problems with the tail lights fogging over with condensation and at worst water in the tail light. Not a big problem. I didn't have any more problems once they replaced mine.

I haven't noticed water or condensation inside the headlights or tailights yet, but yesterday I noticed a dead bug inside the silvery reflective part on the inside of the taillight (where it wraps around to the side of the car).\ - EWWww. Any ideas on how to get him out? And if a bug can get in, it's only a matter of time before water comes in too, no?

Brian MP5T said:
Remove it from the car

Compressed Air or a Vac in one hole. Litte sucker will blow out..

Where do I put the vacuum? I'm not sure how the bug got into the taillight. There's no visible hole for him. Can I get into that silvery area (it's not actually the area where the bulbs are) from inside?

Brian MP5T said:
Done, Theres you solution.
(lol)

I wonder if these lights have vents/drains like some other oem headlights...If so that could be where he got in.

the headlight cluster is going to replaced this tuseday, the dealer is kinda decent, but not as good as my old dealer

Back