Going to be upgrading the turbo to ATP need some advice.

zach21087

:
MS6
Well guys im a noobie and i need some information.

First off to start i would like to say i hate mazda dealerships. Next thing, the reason i am going to be upgrading is because the dealership gave me the big shaft on my smoking issue so screw them. The only option i have really now is to upgrade the turbo.

So if i upgrade what do i need to do to ensure it all works properly and how much you think it will cost me? Right now i have a CIA and a Magnaflow. I know i need a DP, but what else? FMIC? Boost Controller? Well any help would be much appreciated guys. Thanks.

(stash)
zach21087 said:

First off to start i would like to say i hate mazda dealerships. Next thing, the reason i am going to be upgrading is because the dealership gave me the big shaft on my smoking issue so screw them. The only option i have really now is to upgrade the turbo.

So if i upgrade what do i need to do to ensure it all works properly and how much you think it will cost me? Right now i have a CIA and a Magnaflow. I know i need a DP, but what else? FMIC? Boost Controller? Well any help would be much appreciated guys. Thanks.

There is another thread that's got a bunch of good info in it from a few of the guys that have installed it. If you read mine, yoiu'll see a bunch of things I suggest that will make life easier.

I also shopped around for some things other than what come in the kit, because some of that leaves things to be desired.

I will pm you.

zach21087 said:

Why was mazda hating?

If you are going the ATP route... I would suggest going with the ETS TMIC (Because of he extra heat you will be generating from a larger turbo & higher boost levels) & some sort of piggy-back/ems/standback/whatever you want to call it/emu.

If you don't already have a motor mount upgrade..i would suggest it considering the extra amount of TQ this motor will generate.

Down pipe would be nice (if you can afford it) since your already pulling out the turbo, turbo manifold and such.

-C

So if i just get the ATP kit will i be ok with just that for now or will i have to upgrade EMS and FMIC right away?

zach21087 said:
So if i just get the ATP kit will i be ok with just that for now or will i have to upgrade EMS and FMIC right away?

If you want to get the full gain from the Turbo upgrade you will need the EMS

zach21087 said:

i'm in the same deal as you, but I already have the tmic, what I'm going to do for now is use the EBC I have and adjust boost from there until I get the cpe ems.

zach21087 said:

You should be ok..as long as you don't go upping the boost.

-C

zach21087 said:

we carry the ATP upgrades and i'll gladly give any forum member here a discount on any of the products they sell. we've done the install on the turbo and have more than a few ways to save money during the install and some tips on doing it right. PM me if you are at all interested.

we also have experience with both EMS systems for this car, the XEDE and CP-E, and can help you out with that if need be.

Back