2008 Mazda5: SUBSTANTIAL CHANGES!!!!

Benfolio

:
06 Mazda 5 - '01 P71
Looks like some of us were right, some of us were wrong, and some of us had NO IDEA it'd be getting a refresh after only two model years!

untitled.jpg

I might wanna trade up, just for the 5 speed AT, and the PASSENGER FRONT ARMREST!!!! We'll have to see what it'll look like though.... hope they didn't uglify it.

Last edited:
Woo Hoo!

I'm happy Stellar Greensilver has been deleted. (drinks) I like having something not many others have. I don't see anything added, that I can't live without.(bike)

LED Tails, 3 more Armrests, 2nd Row Vents, EL Gauges, etc?! Either the price should be bumped up by at least $1000 or we got hosed. I hope the new one is at least ugly so I don't feel so bad :D

Off topic, but look what comes up in Google Images for "2008 Mazda5" (lol2)

Attachments

• 2008.jpg
    2008.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 2,171
I wonder if it's possible to retrofit 2nd row air vent to older models.

Still no 7-seater.

Looks like alarm system is coming.

Last edited:
Thanks Benfolio for the heads-up.

What, no more Carbon Gray color? LOL :D :D. Ooops, I'm a little bit behind about news it seems :D

At least it looks that Mazda was listening and/or reading the forums as I see a lot of wishes coming through.

jandree22 said:
Off topic, but look what comes up in Google Images for "2008 Mazda5" (lol2)

Good one Jandree :D. Let's wait a couple of days and Google should now catch Benfolio's current Avatar pic, where at least we can see a couple of MZ5s somewhere in the back (far far) (first)

... I'm curious about the new grill, fascia and wheels. As per the wheels, the new MZ3 17in wheels are not as nice as the old ones (IMO)...

Now, it does not say anything about getting rid of the 5MT yet!! Would that mean it is still alive? Or mentioning nada about it says it all (eyeballs)

Last edited:
Benfolio said:
Looks like some of us were right, some of us were wrong, and some of us had NO IDEA it'd be getting a refresh after only two model years!

untitled.jpg

I might wanna trade up, just for the 5 speed AT, and the PASSENGER FRONT ARMREST!!!! We'll have to see what it'll look like though.... hope they didn't uglify it.

those last 3 exterior changes must be a typo. My 2006 GT has heated mirrors, automatic head lights, and rain sensing wipers!

The rest of the changes look great!

"those last 3 exterior changes must be a typo. My 2006 GT has heated mirrors, automatic head lights, and rain sensing wipers! "

No typo, those were never available in the US, 'bout time! (sad to see the MT go though)

It doesn't say that MT is not available anymore and I really doubt if they drop it for 08.

Last edited:
The 5MT is still available. I just posted the page that lists the changes. If they were gonna drop it, it would say so. Like they did for certain Mazda 6 trim levels.

oh, good. I was refering to rumors that were being posted about Mazda dropping the manual, not what was on your tantalizing '08 list.

of course, my wife wants to trade in the manual for an automatic anyway...(whip)

by the way, I'm surprised they added all those goodies but still no stability control (isn't SC mandated in a couple of years?)

Last edited:
Stability control is mandated for 2012, last I checked.

I'm only slightly jealous about the interior changes--I could care less about the exterior. I don't mind the lack of passenger front seat armrest--our (first gen) Honda CR-V didn't have it either. The outboard second row armrests are the one thing I'd fight for because it just plain feels weird not to have anything to lean on. Both of my girls are still in car seats, and I'm wondering if they'll complain when they get out of the car seats and lose the armrest (and extra cup holders)...the oldest girl is probably going to get out of the car seat within the next year.

NYMZ5 said:
"those last 3 exterior changes must be a typo. My 2006 GT has heated mirrors, automatic head lights, and rain sensing wipers! "

No typo, those were never available in the US, 'bout time!

A-ha, the rain sensing wipers, now I know where I saw those comments, the Canadian models have it... (loser).

After following this thread I started picturing a replacement for my old Honda next year (Sunlight Silver or Crystal Water Pearl) but then I really started thinking and it would really be freaky owning 2 MZ5s... now, an MZ3 instead can be a great choice though.

Oh hell, I love those Soccer Mom cars. I would never imagined that these family MAVs could be so appealing and fun to drive.

Last edited:
Man oh Man... I still can't get over the differences between your US model and our Canadian model..

Sure colors are different at times but I have to say our stock units seemed to have what you all call "NEW" except armrests nav etc.

We all should wait for OFFICIAL docs to come out. From a canadian prospective "NOTHING" has changed .... not to say color changes for sure.

JMO

Zoom5Zoom said:
We all should wait for OFFICIAL docs to come out. From a canadian prospective "NOTHING" has changed .... not to say color changes for sure.

JMO

This is as official as it gets from the US point of view. The Canadian models, we'll have to see. Mazda Canada isn't very forthcoming with this kind of information.

One question though: In the US, "True Silver" is the equivalent to "Platinum Silver", correct?

Last edited:
Back