Body styling in full effect!

joeboy

:
2010 MS3 CWP
Just wanted to post a few pics of the latest mods to my premacy (5) (wink). Here's the list of stuff I've done to date....

Exterior
- Tinted windows and windshield eyebrow
- 18" Sportmax 920 Rims w/ Falken ZE512 rubber
- JDM Front lip
- Body-colour painted fog light casing
- Chrome front grill detail
- JDM Eyelids
- JDM side skirt splitter (so simple but looks wicked!)
- DS (Damd Styling) style rear skirt
- JDM rear spoiler
- Premacy and Mazda Speed badges
- Dupli-colour red painted calipers
- Thule T2 1 1/4" bike rack (had to cut a square out of the rear skirt but it looks super clean. I also fabricated a nice clean plug to cover up the hole in the winter)

Interior
- Umm nothing yet. Was waiting until the outside was done.

Engine
- K&N air filter...that's it so far.

I'm sure someone's going to ask where I got the body styling pieces from so here's my shameless plug because the pricing was great and they gave me even better service...

I ordered everything through Bayson R Motorsports http://baysonr.com/. I actually found them through their eBay store first https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned). Personally, I'm not a fan of ordering through paypal so I made my purchase and shipping arrangements directly with Simon at Bayson and it was a breeze. I highly recommend them if you're looking to pimp your ride.

Attachments

• DSC07438.jpg
    DSC07438.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 688
  • DSC07435.jpg
    DSC07435.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 735
  • DSC07441.jpg
    DSC07441.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 681
  • DSC07418.jpg
    DSC07418.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 517
  • img014.jpg
    img014.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 454
Wow... good job. Did you paint the side skirts? How was the install on the rear body kit? Makes me wanna add more.

maybe he's got kids. maybe he did it just to piss you off.

i think it looks great. the wing is a tad too big for my taste, but hey, it's not mine.

Looks pretty deese man....my only gripe is putting Mazdaspeed emblems on a non-Mazdaspeed car. But it's altogether pretty tasteful.

Pretty sweet...My kid would love that ride...Now a few PS3s and some tv screens and you'll be the coolest dad in the neighborhood.

mountjonas said:
maybe he's got kids. maybe he did it just to piss you off.

i think it looks great. the wing is a tad too big for my taste, but hey, it's not mine.

Probably does not have kids and did it just to Piss me...

Brian MP5T said:
WTF? No Offence, but why did you buy a van to Rice out.. Why not a Car?

Why did you buy a 5 door hatchback that weighs more and is less rigid than a 4 door sedan?

He likes it and that's all that matters.

dommo_g said:
Looks pretty deese man....my only gripe is putting Mazdaspeed emblems on a non-Mazdaspeed car. But it's altogether pretty tasteful.

Since Mazdaspeed sold parts long before it became vehicle model, I'm ok with Mazdaspeed emblems on a car that has Mazdaspeed parts.

joeboy said:
Just wanted to post a few pics of the latest mods to my premacy (5) (wink).

Your car would be a good candidate for the black rear taillights. Are you going to drop it?

This is too funny! Well, I don't have kids and I didn't do it to piss anyone off. With my job, there's a great deal of travel (with bikes) so I needed the space. I hate SUV's and the only other vehicle that came close to what I wanted was the Scion XB. Testing out the XB though, I found it to be a wuss and wasn't very fun to drive. Looks bad ass though! Whenever I passed a 5 on the road it always made me turn my head....I figured I needed one of these mini-minivans.
Great thing is most people buy it for the practicality, family, space....but the overall body style and shape just needed a bit more to emphasize the already great lines. I'm trying to keep it tasteful without looking arrogant.
I think about dropping it all the time but I have enough clearance issues now, it will only create more problems if I have it done. Besides...the 18's fill up the wheel wells pretty good so I'll probably keep it that way.
My next mods will be to boost up the horsepower a bit.

HotRodSaint said:
Why did you buy a 5 door hatchback that weighs more and is less rigid than a 4 door sedan?

He likes it and that's all that matters.

Wagons are for racing...

Looks decent. Would love to see larger rims and better pictures.

Cooool

dommo_g said:

I used to think the same thing. But now Mazdaspeed accessories are available for almost any Mazda. So if you have Mazdaspeed parts on your Mazda and want to advertise it as such then go for it.

Personally I could do without the bike rack but its his Mazda and that's what works for him. So be it.

Overall Its nice to see the Mazda-5's to be something other that an urban soccer mom vehicle.

Back