Debadging the cx-7

atticus1398

Contributor
:
07 CX-7 GT, 01 CBR929RR
Anyone de-badge their cx-7 yet? I removed the "CX-7" badge. I tried to work the fishing line behind the "mazda" badge, but it feels like that one has two pegs on the back going into the body. Dont want to have two ugly holes showing. Anyone confirm?

Thanks,
Shane

atticus1398 said:
Anyone de-badge their cx-7 yet? I removed the "CX-7" badge. I tried to work the fishing line behind the "mazda" badge, but it feels like that one has two pegs on the back going into the body. Dont want to have two ugly holes showing. Anyone confirm?

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks to my backing into a tree and crunching the liftgate 6 weeks ago, I can confirm that the "Mazda" badge does indeed have 2 pins holding it to the body. It only cost $3,600.00 to give you an answer. (blarf)

blkcherimika said:
Thanks to my backing into a tree and crunching the liftgate 6 weeks ago, I can confirm that the "Mazda" badge does indeed have 2 pins holding it to the body. It only cost $3,600.00 to give you an answer. (blarf)

yay!!! props goes to blkcherimika to help find out an answer for us!!.. wow cost u 3600??

Backing into things

blkcherimika said:

Geez,

for another 400.00 bucks you could of had the tech package with the camera and seen the object you hit. All kidding aside, the back up camera works excellent both day and surprisingly night too.

wongster said:
yay!!! props goes to blkcherimika to help find out an answer for us!!.. wow cost u 3600??

Well... specifically, it cost me the 500.00 deductible and the insurance Co. another 3100.00.

The "MAZDA" badge has 3 pins, and no adhesive. I'll post a pic of the pins later.

Photoshopped....
Debaged.jpg

How it really looks....
DSC05036.jpg

*Emblems are painted flat black.

Last edited:
Back