Light problem

drdking

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege #413
In regards to the apperiant problem with the alarm system and the parking lights staying on. I originaly had the problem discribed in the sticky, hit the lock button and lights stay on, but now it has gotten to the point where when ever the battery is connected my parking lights are on, with the only way to turn them off by disconnecting the battery or pulling the tail light fuse(which makes it a pain to drive at night). I've had the problem for almost 6 months but due to work(and a second vehical) I haven't had time to deal with it. I don't want to take it into the dealer due to the outragious prices they are charging these days and my other modifications, so I'm wondering this problem is due to the alarm system, if there is a way to just disconnect it, or if there is another solution?
Thanks

I havent really dealt with our alarm systems but if the car is unlocked and being driven or unlocked and having the lights staying on...im guessing it isnt the alarm, but i could be totally wrong. it sucks but take it to a dealer, for nothing else than diag., or get a wiring diagram and go at it yourself?

So funny thing happened today. I was at the strip with my car, and while waiting in stagging with the car off, the hazard lights off of a sudden go crazy and just start flashing. I tried cycling the turn signal, and the hazard button but got no change. I finialy just pulled the hazard fuse to get them to stop until I had time to deal with it. Once I was done for the night I tried putting the fuse back in to see if I could use my turn signals to drive home and they worked normialy. Just another symptom of the same problem I think...

I'm having the same problem all of a sudden- I'll find the car with it's parking lights on, but with the controls in the off position. Does it for no apparent reason.

I'll let you know what I find.

I think I've narrowed the problem down to the stock alarm "brain"(little box under the dash). The trouble shooting consisted of disconnecting the battery, pulling the fuse located next to the box under the dash and reconnecting the battery. Once the battery was reconnected all the other problems went away. Lights functioned normaly, horn worked normaly, however the car would not start. I assume this is because the ignition wirering goes through the alarm box as a anti-theift device.

I went to the local mazda dealership to try and get a part number for the box but they couldn't find it in their system. Does anyone know the part number for the box, or a way to disconnect it and just splice the correct wires togeather to just bypass the alarm system? I thought I found a wirering diagram on the fourm last week but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

I wonder if you could call up Code Alarm and get some info. from them. I believe there alarm system is on the car.

I had a similar problem. Didn't use the alarm for about a week. One day while just playing with the key fob, I hit the lock button twice and the alarm was armed and no parking lights were on. Over the next few days I armed the car that way. Now its back to normal and I can hit the button once and its all good.

Try pressing the lock button twice and see what happens.

DAWIV said:
I had a similar problem. Didn't use the alarm for about a week. One day while just playing with the key fob, I hit the lock button twice and the alarm was armed and no parking lights were on. Over the next few days I armed the car that way. Now its back to normal and I can hit the button once and its all good.

Try pressing the lock button twice and see what happens.

This problem has been going on for awhile. Originally it was that easy to fix, just play with the buttons till they turned off. Now it is severily more complicated. Nothing short of pulling fuses turns off the lights/horn. (I've got two dead batteries to prove it).

This is what I'm dealing with right now after looking under the dash again...

DSC00926.jpg

Alarm unit in normal location(sorta, cut two zip ties to move it to a more accessible location)

DSC00921.jpg

Back of alarm unit with nice labels of wires.

DSC00928.jpg

The two wires for the starter, Key side, and motor side...
Now I just wonder if I just cut these two wires and splice them togeather if it would inable me to remove the stock alarm and still have the car work.

Back