something new to hang my dice on...

Hy8us

Contributor
:
Sleeeepy P5
Look what I got! my new mirror with built in auto dimmer, compass, and temp display(headbang) (bowdown)

Installing it tomorrow, so heres some pics. The wireing looks like its going to be a beotch btw(fight)

P5250012.jpg

P5250011.jpg

P5250010.jpg

Cool cool cool! I've been eyeing this mod for years as soon as I found out it was an option. I've had a few cars with temp display and always thought it was useful. Subadubdub.

yea, anyone going to the auxone show next weekend can check out the final results. If i can figure the wiring out. the temp sensor has to go between the bumper and radiator somwheres. rigging the power should be easy, i'm going to see if my 9v power block can run it. If not ill just hook it up normally.

yea, i read the little instruction deal and decided i could knock it out in about 30 min. So i did, here ya goes...
P5250014.jpg

P5250015.jpg

P5250016.jpg

feels wierd driving though lol like i'm in a suv or a bmw or something :)

oh btw heres where i bought it https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Last edited:
I did the same thing and love it! I never thought i was use it much but i wanted the auto dimming feature, but i actually use the temp/compass alot!

those should come standard for every woman driver, maybe then they'd know where the hell they're going

lol JUST KIDDING

but seriously... very nice. i was looking at this a while ago

Subbin, Thats a sweet price. The mazda versions of these are hella expensive$$$ from the ones I have seen

When my wife was buying her P5 in late Dec. of '03, there were very few left in the area that were stick. The one she ended up buying was just what she wanted, but had the auto-dim/compass/temp mirror, which she didn't really want, especially for the price. Since negotiated a screaming deal even with the mirror, she got that car. Now we both really like having it, mostly for the auto-dim, but the temp is nice, too.

macklum said:
Never minsd the dice ,where did you get that penguin
sacramento airport(silly)

Also, this mod i'snt very hard. If you can wire interior neons or a head unit, you can do this mod no prob. If anyone has any instalation ?'s let me know.

Last edited:
i put a factory one in my car and i did a big 'ol write up with pictures on here somewhere. it was piss-easy, did it in about an hour.

I've had mine in the car since 2002. The compass, and the Auto-Dimm is great to have, and I definitely miss them when I am driving another car. The new ones are slick as hell with the blue display!!

onlinemazdaparts.com has them for 148.00. Mazda likes theirs too much. That's why I hadn't done it yet. If I can score one of these for that price on ebay, I'm gonna get one right now.

Last edited:
i12drivemyMP5 said:
onlinemazdaparts.com has them for 148.00. Mazda likes theirs too much. That's why I hadn't done it yet. If I can score one of these for that price on ebay, I'm gonna get one right now.
148$!!! woah

Hy8us said:
If i can figure the wiring out. the temp sensor has to go between the bumper and radiator somwheres.

Cool, my car came with one installed (I bought the car used). I always wondered why my temp readings were off since I installed my turbo last year, didn't think to look for the temp sensor up near the front bumper. That's probably why it reads +5-10 degrees off the ambient temperature these days!

Back