Josh Hancock's dad...

Nobody takes responsibility anymore. That is what I love about the US. Everyone can sue regardless of fault and, most of the time, win even if they were at fault.

You know what I was just thinking. Everyone complains about people sueing for everthing under the sun.( Me Included) We need to put a stop to the Idiot Judges and Juries who side with the People who are sueing. I mean there are ligitimit case out there, but s*** like this the judge should be like shut the **** and go home....your son is an asshole.

How we stop it I dont know. Maybe If people had some god dam common sense. Life in this country would be a little less stressfull. And people wouldnt have to walk around on eggshells.

His father his rediculous. I'm sorry that he passed away and I show my sympathy but.... that's what happens when you drink and drive. He can't blame others for his son's own negligence.

MakeMeGoFast said:
You know what I was just thinking. Everyone complains about people sueing for everthing under the sun.( Me Included) We need to put a stop to the Idiot Judges and Juries who side with the People who are sueing. I mean there are ligitimit case out there, but s*** like this the judge should be like shut the **** and go home....your son is an asshole.

How we stop it I dont know. Maybe If people had some god dam common sense. Life in this country would be a little less stressfull. And people wouldnt have to walk around on eggshells.

x2 x3 x4...

I'm sure if his son was broke down by a tow truck and a drunk driver hit him, he'll be down that drunk drivers throat. Then he'll be saying, "Drunk driving is wrong. The guy should have known his limit. He can't blame others for him being drunk, they weren't driving!".

Last edited:
******* idiot father..and an idiot son. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

The insurance companies probably would be the best bet actually to avoid the lawsuit. Depending on how the insurance companies record/filed/found at fault/paid for the damages would be pretty good proof. If I'm insuring a tow truck that gets hit by a car and I give money to the estate of the dead person to replace their car because my tow truck customer was at fault vs me as an insurance company attempting to sue the estate of the dead person for damages to my customers tow truck.

ugh.. that makes me sick... I hope that lawsuit doesn't last very long. It shouldn't anyway.

Your son drank and drive. He's lucky he didn't kill anyone else besides himself, you douchebag. Maybe you should've raised him better.

The tow truck driver needs to counter-sue Dad Hancock for not raising his son well enough to know he shouldn't ******* drink and drive!

Idiots. The world is full of ******* idiots.

MakeMeGoFast said:

+1.

"About half the practice of a decent lawyer consists in telling would-be clients that they are damned fools and should stop." - Elihu Root

"I was ruined twice in my life: once when I lost a lawsuit and once when I won one." - Voltaire

and i'm a lawyer. :)

he should sue the MLB for too much support cuz he ran out of room to store the casserole. he needs to sue the beer companies for not watering down their product. get the cardinals sued cuz this wouldnt have happened if he was playing for the mets. sue the little girl that played hop-scotch on the street were he grew up cuz she didnt invite him on the day she gave the lecture on peacekeeping, her anti-drug... so on and so on. he needs to sue me for freely expressing how much of a friggin dumbass he is and that he shouldve been driving his own drunkass son home.

on the MLB note, Babe Ruth did it all on beer and hot dogs, non of these uppers.

and on this topic note, instances pop up all the time to sue but it shows character on how the individual reacts to it. this just says a lot about his son, the dad, and his parenting skills and the environment he puts his family in.

i say let them kill themselves off, 2 ups. 1. population control 2. idiots will whipe themselves out on their own terms and their own faults. (laugh)

I read that last night...

I think though, that the restaurant does hold some responsibility, since they continued to serve him past the point of intoxication.

Most states have Dram Shop Laws (A term referring to liability of establishments arising out of the sale of alcohol to obviously intoxicated persons or minor who subsequently cause death or injury to third-parties as a result of alcohol-related crashes.) and it's a fine line that bars/hotels/restaurants tread. They want to make money on sales, but there is an inherent responsibility and liability in serving alcohol.

To me it seems as though the father is so angry at his son for being stupid and killing himself that he is lashing out blaming everyone except who is at fault - his son and himself/their family for not instilling more common sense in their son.

RacerXGirl said:
I read that last night...

I think though, that the restaurant does hold some responsibility, since they continued to serve him past the point of intoxication.

their son.

If they make the restaurant responsible. Next time your at one your gonna have to sign a waiver if you want a drink. I've been stupid drunk and known not to drive. Plain and simple, people need to be responsible for there own actions.I mean maybe they should have called the guy a cab. but that about it.

RacerXGirl said:
depends on how drunk he really was. if he's plastered and they keep giving him drinks then yea. the legal limit for a guy his size is what, like 1.5 drinks/hour? so he had 3 drinks each hour to get to twice the limit which i don't think is an excessive amount of alcohol to be served. i don't think any bar in the country would stay in business if they cut people off at 1.5 drinks/hour

He was also on his cell phone at the time of the accident, why not sue the person on the other line too for being negligent for Mr. Hancock's life and distracting him too, and hey why not sue the cell phone company too?

This guy is a fool, I feel his pain b/c no one wants to lose a son, but pls be logical

Yep, drunk, on the cell phone and not wearing a seatbelt.

The defendants most likely subpoenaed the cell phone records to prove that and/or the cops already knew so.

I really think it wouldn't have mattered if the car wasn't there, the tow truck wasn't there, there were flares, whatever. If someone is so plastered they should not be driving, there's a chance they're going to injure themselves/die and/or kill/injure other people.

Like I said - I think the father is so angry at his son for dying in such a senseless manner that he is lashing/acting out at everyone around him.

Back