Does the CD changer play MP3's?

CAR_16

I just bought a new Mazda6 i Sport VE for the wife.

I read in the manual where it says it will play MP3 CD's.

So, I made an MP3 CD and tried it out.

It does not work. I tried a CD-RW and a CD-R, but to no avail.

It plays reguar CDs just fine.

Does the i Sport VE not play MP3's, or is there something I am missing? If it does not, then why does it have instructions for that in the owner's manual?

Thanks

I have the same problem with the 6 Disc Changer in my new Mazda5. Hopefully someone can help us out. Regular CD's are fine. When I put in my MP3 CD it looks like it reads it just fine and the timer runs but no sound. I read the manual and it seem as though it is MP3 CD capable.
Thanks for any help on this one...

i have the same problem in my speed6..i have tried four different discs (two different brands of cd-r)(and three different programs to burn them)

no luck, i stopped trying. also it has a text display...but nothing ever shows up on it. i'm assuming thats cuz it wont play mp3's, and thats what the text would be for i think..folder/track/artist names should show up. is that right?

MP3 on Bose 6 disc changer

I heard there is this 30 cents chip that you can install/replace on the bose system and turn it into a MP3 player, but the dealer charge you $300? is this true, does anyone knows? I was about to call the dealer and find out, but wanted to know if anyone knows anything about this.

s***, i'd like to get that chip if it does exist.

The dealer wants about $900 + Labour to install the MP3 capable 6CD Changer deck.

If you guys read your manuals carefully and look to the side of the CD slot..... it will say 6 CD and if your changer plays MP3s it will say MP3

my speed6 is a 6 disc changer, but will not play mp3 cds

my gf's 6s hatch has the 6 CD symbol and also the MP3 symbol, and her's plays MP3s

you had to have had the MP3 player cd deck option installed on the car, or else you need to go to the mazda parts department and see if you can order it, then replace your current deck with one that will play mp3 cds

and for Evil...... I've changed all my decks in all the 5 cars I've owned.... it's not really as hard as people think it is, once you get the panels out of the way it's just a simple disconnecting/cutting wires and re-crimping the connections....... if i really wanted to play mp3 CDs I'd do it myself, but I'm just looking to get an adapter so I can play my ZUNE in my car.....

I wish they offered an adapter that allows control through the steering wheel for a ZUNE.......like they do the iPod :(

hey chuyler, the last option.... for the audio AUX..... will that allow me to plug in my PSP and play my mp3s off that?

i know it won't allow the use of the steering wheel controls though.

will the usb adapter for mp3s allow the use of steering wheel controls? or only from the head unit?

Both Audio Link products (USB and iPod adapters) maintain full use of the steering wheel controls. The AUX-MOD does not maintain full use of the steering wheel controls. You can change volume and source but you cannot change tracks because it is simply a auxilary input.

chuyler1 said:
Both Audio Link products (USB and iPod adapters) maintain full use of the steering wheel controls. The AUX-MOD does not maintain full use of the steering wheel controls. You can change volume and source but you cannot change tracks because it is simply a auxilary input.

I figured as much...... my GF wanted to play her MP3 player in her car, but doesn't have an adapter, but she has a cassette deck, so I got her one of those cassette adapters that people normally use for CD players in the old cars that don't come with a CD player (they're like $8 bucks), plug that into the headphone jack of the MP3 player and voila......it works...... you can change the volume and everything but the song has to be changed with the MP3 player...

I plugged my PSP into her jack and it works the same, I have to change the songs through the PSP.

But the USB adapter will allow me to change songs through the steering wheel control right?

Cause I have a 12 GB usb drive MWAHAHAHA (silly)

The USB adapter only supports 99 songs per folder and 6-10 folders depending on the car. That is a max of 990 songs or about 5 GB.

chuyler1 said:
The USB adapter only supports 99 songs per folder and 6-10 folders depending on the car. That is a max of 990 songs or about 5 GB.

Works for me.......... one last question before I buy it.....

Will the song title show up on the dash readout? like say if the file name is "one at a time.mp3" will it show that on the dash or do I need to edit the file properties like the ID3 tag to get the name to show up? I can't seem to find that info, I must be blind....

Dumb_Dog said:
I heard there is this 30 cents chip that you can install/replace on the bose system and turn it into a MP3 player, but the dealer charge you $300? is this true, does anyone knows? I was about to call the dealer and find out, but wanted to know if anyone knows anything about this.

ANy more info on this chip?

30 cents? Even if there was a chip (which I doubt there is) it's price would be in dollars not cents. News travels fast on the internet, if something like this were to exist we would have known about it by now. The 6 has been around for 5 years and this is the first I've heard of a magic mp3 chip.

No

CAR_16 said:
I just bought a new Mazda6 i Sport VE for the wife.

I read in the manual where it says it will play MP3 CD's.

So, I made an MP3 CD and tried it out.

It does not work. I tried a CD-RW and a CD-R, but to no avail.

It plays reguar CDs just fine.

Does the i Sport VE not play MP3's, or is there something I am missing? If it does not, then why does it have instructions for that in the owner's manual?

Thanks

chuyler1 said:
30 cents? Even if there was a chip (which I doubt there is) it's price would be in dollars not cents. News travels fast on the internet, if something like this were to exist we would have known about it by now. The 6 has been around for 5 years and this is the first I've heard of a magic mp3 chip.

He's probably talking about a chip that you have to SOLDER onto the Bose's main circuit board, and it's probably $30 bucks, not cents, and not many people would know about that, because few people know how to put a circuit board together, let alone solder a piece on it, haha... (braindead

Probably doesn't exist though...... I'm getting the USB mp3 player so I can use my steering wheel controls

Back