I Lose Everything...

Ok, so apparently I have missplaced my damn tuner lug key for the crappy lugs that came with my crappy Exel wheels that I bought about 3 years ago. I went to go have my new (to me) '03.5 MSP wheels put on the car and couldn't find the stupid thing.

Anyhow, I have tryed a couple places in town and none of their keys would fit. Autozone didn't have anything either. I called Wheelmax (the retailer for those crappy wheels) and they told me to look at a place called http://www.justforwheels.com/ because if it was any longer than 2 months ago, they probably wouldn't have them. They have a tuner lug key but I have no idea if it will fit.

What should I do? Anyone got wheels from Wheelmax about 3 years ago and still have theirs?

Anybody?

I might call Tirerack tomorrow and see if they can come up with something.

Ok, not the greatest of lighting but I think you can see them fairly well.

Last edited by a moderator:
same lugs I have. goto discount tire, ask if they have a lock (it looks like you have gorilla lugs) you can buy. Its about $5.

otherwise the first link, the black circular 3" long object is probably the lock that would work. But I'd still go to discount tire and ask.

there is a tool called an emergency lug nut remover that will get these out for you...but you do need an impact wrench to use the sockets...if you dont have an impact i know ntb will take them out for you, at a fairly high price though..iirc

bradicus18 said:
Ok, not the greatest of lighting but I think you can see them fairly well.
Ok, my Wife lost her wheel lock a while back and of course we could not get the wheels off. So my brother-in-law came over with a Snap on, lug thing that had teeth on the inside of it.
He took a rubber mallet and tapped the thing over the locks on by one and then we used a tire iron to remove them just like a normal lugnut.
I have no idea what it was called but it would work on just about any lug. It was very sharp and all it took was a couple of good whacks to digg it into the lug. I am not so sure this was its intended purpose but it did work.

edit: Or just do what those guys said. LOL :)

Thanks guys.

In all honesty, I think the shop that did my tranny work kept the thing (unintentionally). I asked them about it and they said they used it but they put it back in the little bag that the stock lug wrench is in. Well, needless to say, it's not in there and they were the last people to use it. Oh well...

I will get them off somehow.

I once lost the key to my wheel locks on my mustang so my brother and I found the easiest solution:

Grab a craftsman socket that barley fits and give it a smack with a hammer and then use a breaker bar to then loosen the lugs. If the socket breaks, oh well craftsman tools have lifetime warrantee's, just don't tell them how it actually broke.

This had just happend to Sandspeed and then he found it, then BROKE the key and ended up I think using like a bolt remover from Home Depot. Scratched the rims some but it got them off considering he had two blown tires in the front. Good luck!!

Back