removing speed governor

MrTea said:
it will eventually be flat black, but will take some time. as more parts get dinged up...they just get painted.

and it is my daily driver....when i have it it gets about 20k miles a year on it. i just don't care about much outside of performance on the track. auto is nice on traffic for sure, especially out here in cali with all the driving i do, but on the track....just doesn't hang all to well.

still looking for updates on the V6 with all the power though, very interested in what it took to get up there.

g to a mazda dealership and ask them yourselfs. 212 hp at the wheels. used to be 220 but they tuned it down to run on regular gas.

mazdaboy403 said:
i really dont get what ur saying here . its rear wheel drive that that has no traction in qtr mile. and if my car was a awd it would be heavy as s*** . sure the speed six has 70 hp on the 6s . its also got a rear end . a transfer case . a drive shaft. . gotta love extra weight .

that's why if you take a FWD car and a RWD car, same hp/weight ratio, the RWD somehow comes out on top?

think of it in terms of physics.... how much easier is it for you to physically PUSH a large block of cement, than it is to pull it?

on top of that it's easier to heat up the tires for better grip on a RWD car.

Killer said:
for a kid who makes 80 k a year...oh never mind.

I dunno about you brother, but if I made 80k a year I wouldn't spend it building up a FWD car, lol but hey, that's just me (2thumbs) People have been known to do stranger things (boobs2)

Koenig said:
I dunno about you brother, but if I made 80k a year I wouldn't spend it building up a FWD car, lol but hey, that's just me (2thumbs) People have been known to do stranger things (boobs2)

haha . if i could go back and buy something different i would . but i cant. and im in the process of saving for a house . so i dont really want to buy a new car right now lol . if a srt4 can run 12's with a turbo why cant i ?

wait, you said you dyno'd 218hp i thought....that's where my questions started. mazda's #'s are at the flywheel, not the wheels, i've yet to see a stock V6 roll more than 175 on the dyno. you saying you had more than 40hp last time you dyno'd? that just doesn't make sense.

also have questions on your ecu. what are you using? haven't seen anything work on the V6 yet, so i'm interested. my roommate put a turbo on his, and we don't have a tuner nailed down yet. going to a shop to test out an option, but nothing has been shown to work yet?

i don't think i'd have a 6 if i made the money...but i also understand about saving for a house. that would be a big concern for me as well.

MrTea said:
wait, you said you dyno'd 218hp i thought....that's where my questions started. mazda's #'s are at the flywheel, not the wheels, i've yet to see a stock V6 roll more than 175 on the dyno. you saying you had more than 40hp last time you dyno'd? that just doesn't make sense.

also have questions on your ecu. what are you using? haven't seen anything work on the V6 yet, so i'm interested. my roommate put a turbo on his, and we don't have a tuner nailed down yet. going to a shop to test out an option, but nothing has been shown to work yet?

i don't think i'd have a 6 if i made the money...but i also understand about saving for a house. that would be a big concern for me as well.

the mazdas do make 212 on the wheels . it says on mazdas webiste now at the botom of the page . 212 hp revised with bla bla bla standards in italics. ive got a few new videos one of me racing a eagle talon ,all wheel drive with a turbo +other mods . and one of a rolling 20 start. if u wanna see . just pm me ur e-mail.

MrTea@socal.rr.com

i'd like to check out your dyno's too, as i think the setting were incorrect, or it was calculating bhp rather than whp. it's an easy mistake if you don't ask them.

i hate to say it, but you high (as well as mazda) if you think the stock V6 puts down 212whp. up until last year, it was rated at 220bhp, which was lowered as so many (like the rx-8) were showing much lower numbers. my roomate ran 168whp in his atx...which is 52 (24%) in drivetrain loss if it was accurate. my 2.3 (rated at 160bhp) ran 128 (20% loss)on two different dyno's in stock form. so you see they dropped both engine #'s to make it a bit more acceptable.

mazdaboy403 said:
haha . if i could go back and buy something different i would . but i cant. and im in the process of saving for a house . so i dont really want to buy a new car right now lol . if a srt4 can run 12's with a turbo why cant i ?

lol, because for one thing the srt-4s also have internal work done to them, so they can handle the high boost

on top of that I've never seen an srt-4 run low 12s unless they had the stage 2.... and the srt-4s running the low 12s around here are putting down almost 400 whp.

the srt-4s are also lighter than the 6s as far as I remember reading.... weight matters too.

I'm not saying you can't run low 12s, with the money you can.......but you running mid 13s as is...... doubtful. If you lived around south florida I'd gladly ask you if you wanted to do a dig and roll race with my stock speed6. you'd have to beat me if you were running mid 13s.

Koenig said:
lol, because for one thing the srt-4s also have internal work done to them, so they can handle the high boost

on top of that I've never seen an srt-4 run low 12s unless they had the stage 2.... and the srt-4s running the low 12s around here are putting down almost 400 whp.

the srt-4s are also lighter than the 6s as far as I remember reading.... weight matters too.

I'm not saying you can't run low 12s, with the money you can.......but you running mid 13s as is...... doubtful. If you lived around south florida I'd gladly ask you if you wanted to do a dig and roll race with my stock speed6. you'd have to beat me if you were running mid 13s.

Damn, Busted.. (pukey) (piss) (dunno)
Speed6 is much better road car..(drunk)

MrTea said:
...bring it

LOL,

I wasn't referring to you man, I was talking about the other guy who thinks he's putting 218 to his wheels......(crazy)

Since your car is set up for racing and mine is stock you'd probably beat me (help)

yeah, i was just kidding.

but mine is still a DD for the most part. i mean, all i've "really done" on mine is the turbo. the engine and tranny swap weren't for anything but reliabilty on the track since the stock stuff doesn't tend to last long. everything else is off the shelf.

i just usually get into it when people start doggin FWD's in general, or the speed guys say it's the only way to get power from a 6. i've spent about the same on my car (new) as a speed6 (new) with every cp-e option (intake, DP, exahust, FMIC, tuner).....and i still think i could give it a run for it's money. i know for sure i'd have a damn fun time trying!! just wish there were speed6's that went to the track....but they don't exist it seems out here?

MrTea said:
yeah, i was just kidding.

but mine is still a DD for the most part. i mean, all i've "really done" on mine is the turbo. the engine and tranny swap weren't for anything but reliabilty on the track since the stock stuff doesn't tend to last long. everything else is off the shelf.
yeah regarding the stock stuff doesn't tend to last long, I was following my gf from my house... she stayed over the weekend... back to her apartment, she lives about 36.3 miles from my driveway to hers, taking the shortest route possible.... she had sped up and got in front of a car to take a right turn, so I had to speed up and fly through the corner too, probably hit it about 35 to 40 mph.... she sent me a text and said my car handles better than hers, lol.

MrTea said:
i just usually get into it when people start doggin FWD's in general, or the speed guys say it's the only way to get power from a 6. i've spent about the same on my car (new) as a speed6 (new) with every cp-e option (intake, DP, exahust, FMIC, tuner).....and i still think i could give it a run for it's money. i know for sure i'd have a damn fun time trying!! just wish there were speed6's that went to the track....but they don't exist it seems out here?

Yeah I know what you mean, a lot of people underrate FWDs, but that's because most people think of racing in terms of 1/4 drag racing, I prefer auto-x and track racing.... FWD cars are actually very good when it comes to that.... just look at the mazda6s and the Acura TSXs giving the BMWs and the Audi A4s a run for their money in the Speed World Challenge Touring Car races ;)

If I lived out in CA, or you lived in FL, I'd have no problem going to the track with you to have some fun and see how the cars compare side by side....but we have a somewhat 3000 mile gap between us, (laugh)

i think i asked, but don't remember the answer...just noticed you had the standback mike. does it remove the gov on the speed? anyone ask Jordan or the other guys over there?

Back