Map Updates for Nav system

I'd also be interested in an updated DVD. We have an 08 CX-9 GT with maps from 06. Dealer and Mazda have been unwilling/unable to help. It's not a bad car for the money but service stinks. Grrrrr!

Maybe something like Wikipedia where users can correct and add info. Pull into your garage, the car logs onto your wireless network, and updates it's maps and POIs. Or has a USB interface at least.

Until then I can read a map.

basically that's what TomTom does, minus the wireless updates but also minus the hassle of a wiki. I plug mine (now my wife's) in via USB and it updates with corrections ppl hav posted via the device. I also hav the ability to set map corrections on my device on-the-spot, and when I update mine I have the ability to post my corrections to the community.

intelligent model, but I do think the TomTom is a flawed device, and it once told me to go left when it meant go right amongst other confused moments.

on a separate note, a gal-I-work-with's husband works for NAVTEQ, but I don't know if I can get a hook-up...

if anyone needs a copy shipped to them (those who lack Dual layer dvd burner or don't care to buy dual layer DVDs) shoot me a PM, I have revision E

Last edited:
Hi,

Could somebody with E Revision tell me the MAP Version?
Is it still same 1220, 2007 Ver 1?

Thank you,
Anh

I got the disc after sent him $25, but it is D Version, Built 1220 Ver 2007.1
He doesn't have original disc either to prove he owns E version.
if anyone needs a copy shipped to them (those who lack Dual layer dvd burner or don't care to buy dual layer DVDs) shoot me a PM, I have revision E.

I've been waiting for a DVD update for my 09 CX-9 for six months now (it still has an 07 version DVD in it) and the dealer finally told me to file a complaint with Mazda Customer Service.

I called them and the agent apologized up and down and swore that it's a supplier issue and that Mazda is well aware of the problem. He also said he'd put me on the "complaint" list and that people on the list will receive all new information as soon as it's available!

I'd encourage as many of you as possible to call Mazda to complain (800-222-5500) since it's not right to have an out-dated map when you have paid for the option in good faith!

2009 or 2009 CX9?

I now have an original 2008 version E disk.

If you want more info pm me!

I have a 2009 CX9 which uses 2 disks, course the NAV only takes one at a time, so if travelling from Torinto to Florida you have to swap disks enroute (great fun). Where did you get the disk(s) from the dealer or third party?

I've sent you a PM as well along with an offer to reimburse you for whatever cost you have. This past weekend, we realized just how out-of-date our current DVD is: there were several new shopping centers that displayed as empty fields on our Nav system. In one case, I had to call the store with my cell phone and ask for directions! Kinda ridiculous!

Could I add my name to this list? An ISO of the DVD would be all I need.

Thanks in advance.

email: brad (at) miopea.net

Does anyone have a link to download an updated map they could send me? I just bought a 2007 GT and it has 2006 ver 1 maps.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Back