Fujita CAI Installed on the MazdaSpeed6.

If he has a mustang and it's loud he most likely has a cat-back straight through exhaust, my buddy has one on his 2003 cobra and it's very mean sounding has that rumble, if you know what I'm talking about.......

as far as a mazdaspeed6 with the exhaust on it, I know of no videos...

Koenig said:
If he has a mustang and it's loud he most likely has a cat-back straight through exhaust, my buddy has one on his 2003 cobra and it's very mean sounding has that rumble, if you know what I'm talking about.......

as far as a mazdaspeed6 with the exhaust on it, I know of no videos...
Ya, it does sound mean. I am not a fan of the mustang but the sound is very nice! BUt he lives in boston so driving up there from SC he had to let off the gas if he past a cop.. haha. Cause it was so loud.

Yeah some places have a noise law, where the exhaust can't be over a certain dB limit........ like in south florida it's SUPPOSED to be 98 or 100 dB but I know there are louder exhausts around, but cops are lenient and don't really pull them over for that..... only for speeding and driving like an idiot.

AWDRACER6 said:
Test pipe?? Is that in place of where a DP would be?? That wont throw CEL at all??

The test pipe..or straight pipe is used to replace the Cat converter..which should be good for couple ponies..

This will not throw any CEL!

A downpipe includes the portion referred to as test pipe/race pipe/straight pipe which WILL THROW A CEL!

Koenig said:
test pipes get rid of the cat. converter.......... acid since you live in jersey you should make sure that's not something against your emissions laws or you're just looking for trouble from police....

As far as i know..it's ilegal to remove cat. converter in any state! I am not to worried about police b/c it's really not going to increase exhaust tone that much. Which should not draw attention to my exhaust. Cops are more worried about DB when comes to exhausts.

-C

acidbbg said:
The test pipe..or straight pipe is used to replace the Cat converter..which should be good for couple ponies..

This will not throw any CEL!

A downpipe includes the portion referred to as test pipe/race pipe/straight pipe which WILL THROW A CEL!

As far as i know..it's ilegal to remove cat. converter in any state! I am not to worried about police b/c it's really not going to increase exhaust tone that much. Which should not draw attention to my exhaust. Cops are more worried about DB when comes to exhausts.

-C

yeah that's pretty much the same around here, but cops don't seem to be worried about the dB output cause I've seen/heard some loud cars pass cops and the cops don't give chase.... *shrugs*

Question guys!!!!! Hey what is the hose that comes off of the CAI? Its just a black shinny hose... Any ideas? My car is acting wierd and I think I have a vacumm leak or something. If i put the gas to the floor it will kinda stall like if I was to let off the gas the push it again... Its wierd and its been like that for a while. I cant remember if it did that at all before the CAI but i am curious if the hose has anything to do with it...

AWDRACER6 said:
Question guys!!!!! Hey what is the hose that comes off of the CAI? Its just a black shinny hose... Any ideas? My car is acting wierd and I think I have a vacumm leak or something. If i put the gas to the floor it will kinda stall like if I was to let off the gas the push it again... Its wierd and its been like that for a while. I cant remember if it did that at all before the CAI but i am curious if the hose has anything to do with it...

If it's tHe hose hose that I'm thinking of it is the recirc adaptor from the BOV.

Is it the small hose that was held on by that light blue plastic clip?? If so that should be reattached to the place labeled "BOV Hose" in ths attached picture.

attachment.php

jdub260 said:
If it's tHe hose hose that I'm thinking of it is the recirc adaptor from the BOV.

Is it the small hose that was held on by that light blue plastic clip?? If so that should be reattached to the place labeled "BOV Hose" in ths attached picture.

attachment.php
It is that hose. Its attached but not really... I have it just slid on there and im thinking that it may have a vacumm leak... If it did would it make my car do that? If i hold the gas to the floor all the way from 1st to 4th only letting off to shift obvioulsy but as the RPMs start going up it will seriously feel like I let off the gas then pushed it again. Even when I still got it to the floor...

AWDRACER6 said:
It is that hose. Its attached but not really... I have it just slid on there and im thinking that it may have a vacumm leak... If it did would it make my car do that? If i hold the gas to the floor all the way from 1st to 4th only letting off to shift obvioulsy but as the RPMs start going up it will seriously feel like I let off the gas then pushed it again. Even when I still got it to the floor...

I used hose clamps on the hose that connects from valve cover to CAI.

-C

Some people have reported a CEL with the DP and some people have said they haven't received a CEL, kind of a tricky situation, but I would agree with acid.... more often than not there's a chance you will get a CEL.

That can either be fixed by using your CAN/OBD-II scanner, going to the auto store with one, or disconnecting the car battery for a few minutes....

I would recommend the scanner though, just to make sure it's really the DP if a CEL comes up and not something more important.

AWDRACER6 said:

sounds more like a timing issue.....
or actually has your ECU been reflashed?? that sounds like the power cut problem everyone was having early on, my car never had that problem, but i know lots of ppl did.

pHeeL tHiZ ViBe said:
sounds more like a timing issue.....
or actually has your ECU been reflashed?? that sounds like the power cut problem everyone was having early on, my car never had that problem, but i know lots of ppl did.
How would i know if mine did or not???

AWDRACER6 said:
How would i know if mine did or not???

there's usually a sticker on the door jamb....... if your car was reflashed you should have 4 stickers (instead of 3) around the driver's side inside the door sill/jamb

Koenig said:
there's usually a sticker on the door jamb....... if your car was reflashed you should have 4 stickers (instead of 3) around the driver's side inside the door sill/jamb
Well for sure only have 3... So i guess not. I called today and have an appointment on friday morning. Only concern is my intake... Should i put the stock one back on or not... Also i was told that if i do leave it, then when they flash it.. it will be flashed to the cai and will run better... True?? Or bull s***??

lol no it won't be flashed to the CAI, it'll be flashed to the preset settings they have on their computer..... it will be as if you bought a 2007 MS6 and put a CAI on it.

Unless you really need the flash (like i don't no problems) then you should tell them you don't want them to do it.

AWDRACER6 said:
.. then when they flash it.. it will be flashed to the cai and will run better... True?? Or bull s***??

the only truth in that is that when they do a reflash it resets your ecu...and i hear we should reset our ECU's after putting a CAI on our cars (for improved performance), and you can do that by disconnecting your battery for a few minutes.

Koenig said:
lol no it won't be flashed to the CAI, it'll be flashed to the preset settings they have on their computer..... it will be as if you bought a 2007 MS6 and put a CAI on it.

Unless you really need the flash (like i don't no problems) then you should tell them you don't want them to do it.
Well, my car is running like garbage! I would not be able to run it at the track or anything. Its bad enough were i have thought about taking it back and buying a car with a different company!! So i have to get mine done.

Back