Brake Boosting 101

Rican219

:
MazdaSpeed 6
OK For those of you that don't know how I will give this secrete away it is a must for a turbo'd car.

OK so alot of people want to run from a dig (From Standing Still)

There are some that want to do a 30 roll or 40 roll (From 30 MPH or 40 MPH)

For those that want to do it from 30 or 40 here is a trick called BRAKE BOOSTING.

It goes like this:
  • Get the to desired speed in this case 30 mph, More then likely you will be in second gear.
  • When your at 30mph (already in second gear) move your left foot over to the brake pedal and lightly apply pressure. (First time you try it you may over do it so keep practicing)
  • While lightly applying pressure with your right foot floor the gas (you should here your turbo spool up or see you psi go up) apply ENOUGH PRESSURE ON BRAKE TO MAINTAIN 30mph the best you can while flooring it to build boost.
  • When 3 beeps go off with the person your racing let go of brake and if done correctly you should already be at full boost so you should get a nice jump.
Practice a few times and you should get the hang of it.

Agian Left foot on brake in desired gear while gas all the way down to build boost still at 30mph then let go of brake. CYA to car your racing (upyours)

*****IN NO WAY DO I CONDONE STREET RACING IT IS VERY DANGEROUS AND SHOULD NOT BE PERFORMED THIS IS AN FYI ONLY*******

Last edited:
same principal as heel toeing...keeping rpms up with slowing/maintaining current speed.... I wouldn't recommend doing this on a daily basis, otherwise you'll be in the shop with toasted pads and warped rotors...

DSMConvert said:
same principal as heel toeing...keeping rpms up with slowing/maintaining current speed.... I wouldn't recommend doing this on a daily basis, otherwise you'll be in the shop with toasted pads and warped rotors...

indeed heal/toeing is the proper way to do this. your left foot was meant to clutch....thats it...mmm bier (thinkbeer lol

pHeeL tHiZ ViBe said:
indeed heal/toeing is the proper way to do this. your left foot was meant to clutch....thats it...mmm bier (thinkbeer lol

Very true but for those that can't heel toe it is a great alternate and your left foot is not doing anything while brake boosting anyway because you are already in gear.

WOW i didn't know this was a secret..................... i thought it was common knowledge for all turbo car owners..........

Old news, but good info for those that want to try it and burn s*** up.

justa4banger said:
WOW i didn't know this was a secret..................... i thought it was common knowledge for all turbo car owners..........

Old news, but good info for those that want to try it and burn s*** up.

LOL You are correct but I showed a friend this trick in his EVO and he was like "OMG This is the coolest trick EVER!!! I'm not telling anyone so I can have to upper hand" I laughed.

Your EVO driving friend is going to also find himself at a disadvantage when it comes to heating up his brakes and accelleration of wear. I'm sure the Brembo's will handle it better than my brakes would, but then again.... who knows?

Personally I find it better to just keep my car in a rpm range where boost is simply waiting for load. I have full boost available by 3200rpm, so holding a gear anywhere above that means I simply need to blip on the throttle and I've got boost. Granted, I've got quite a bit in the way of mods designed to increase throttle response. I'd rather wait a moment than induce brake fade.

Micah said:
Your EVO driving friend is going to also find himself at a disadvantage when it comes to heating up his brakes and accelleration of wear. I'm sure the Brembo's will handle it better than my brakes would, but then again.... who knows?

Personally I find it better to just keep my car in a rpm range where boost is simply waiting for load. I have full boost available by 3200rpm, so holding a gear anywhere above that means I simply need to blip on the throttle and I've got boost. Granted, I've got quite a bit in the way of mods designed to increase throttle response. I'd rather wait a moment than induce brake fade.

Agreed just posted up for the newbs LOL

Back