Body Cladding

ericr

:
'07 CX-9 GT
I got my CX-9 a couple weeks ago and just got my first door ding - ouch! Luckily, it is very faint so I probably won't even go to Dent Wizard. It did get me wondering if there might be any third-party door cladding available out there. Google didn't find any.

I remember when the MDX first came out. I thought that those flat door panels would easily get dinged. Later, Acura made cladding available. I hope Mazda does the same.

In the meanwhile, does anyone know of any accessory door cladding?

Check Ebay there is a seller that is selling body side moldings painted for the CX-9.

ericr said:
I got my CX-9 a couple weeks ago and just got my first door ding - ouch! Luckily, it is very faint so I probably won't even go to Dent Wizard. It did get me wondering if there might be any third-party door cladding available out there. Google didn't find any.

I remember when the MDX first came out. I thought that those flat door panels would easily get dinged. Later, Acura made cladding available. I hope Mazda does the same.

In the meanwhile, does anyone know of any accessory door cladding?

Has anyone gotten this yet? We're all waiting to hear the report before we order ours!

I ordered these and they look great and match color! I hope to install them this weekend. I have a CX9 GT AWD Black Cherry Mica.. Color match is impressive.. but will let you know more after I install them.
Craig

I ordered these and they look great and match color! I hope to install them this weekend. I have a CX9 GT AWD Black Cherry Mica.. Color match is impressive.. but will let you know more after I install them.
Craig

Any update? Looking to get these for ours, but they look a little narrow? Was hoping for something a little wider for more protection - the side of the CX9 is huge. (eek2)

Moldings...

I've installed these on my CX9 and they've worked well, so far. They're 1 1/2" wide so they do a fairly good job.

They went on exactly as the instructions indicated and the color match was perfect (copper red mica). They were delivered promptly and came well packaged for the trip.

If you put them on according to the installation instructions they will be at about the widest part of the door and at a height that seems to offer good protection.

Just be sure you can install them in a warm place and have some sort of heat gun or hand held hair dryer handy to be sure the metal is warm to guarantee good adhesion of the trim tape applied to the backs of the moldings.

Ted

Last edited:
Back