Lowered Alignment specs?

SlowPro98

Contributor
:
02P5, 98ES,95miata
I'm trying to find a local garage that can align my lowered p5 (tokicos and espilers) but every place I've gone, they've bitched about my rims and "oh we can only put it to the factory specs" so I'm looking for the before/after numbers of those who have already done it, and go from there.

thanks
(coffee) fukin' mondaze

The only thing that's readily adjustable on the P5 is toe and you'll want that to be pretty close to the factory specs. Caster/Camber are achieved by rotating the upper strut mount on the front, so you only have 4 options. Since our cars have a pretty bad camber curve this usually doesn't require adjustment unless a car is drastically lowered. 17" wheels are not an issue for any alignment head made after 1975 or so, either.

Do you have a Firestone near you? One of the dealers in Allentown told me they could do alignments on mine if it was lowered. All I would need are the specs that came with the springs.

I had mine aligned to stock specs after I lowered it on espelirs/HPs and am now running on the mp3 rims. car drives just fine. just had to find a shop that had a ramp that my car could drive onto without scraping...

Thanks. I'll probably go back to firestone. they gave me a hard time about the springs. I'll just have to kick a little ass to get my way.

SlowPro98 said:
Thanks. I'll probably go back to firestone. they gave me a hard time about the springs. I'll just have to kick a little ass to get my way.

haha....It is actually up to each individual shop. There are two in Allentown and one shop told me if I lowered my car it would void my lifetime alignment. The other shop told me it would not void it, I would just need the specs!

I'm in the same boat. As well as a few others. It's hard to find people who know how to use their alignment machines. Once you do though, problem solved. My car is currently sitting on the 4th shop to give it a try. I'll know soon if they were able to pull of the black magic of putting the wheels straight.

I would love to find a shop that could get my car to go straight with the s-techs. funny thing is that it still went straight after the install, only started pulling after I let them check the alignment. :(

just tires told me that as long as i had the alighnment specs for the new springs they would cover everything as if it were OEM.

whitemp5seattle said:
I had mine aligned to stock specs after I lowered it on espelirs/HPs and am now running on the mp3 rims. car drives just fine. just had to find a shop that had a ramp that my car could drive onto without scraping...

Well if it was in torrington that's a long haul from Manchester, but what shop was it?

edit: B -- don't let any shop tell you that you need camber bolts.. in the rear, that's just silly because the camber isn't an issue when you lower, and in the front you can adjust it from the factory to an extent

Back