Custom LCD Bezels

KzA

:
2001 Yellow Protege Mp3-T
Hey guys..I have been looking into carputers lately since they really intrigue me. I have found tons of great systems designed specifically for vehicles, but there is one area of the computer that has yet to be address: monitor mounting...

I have done some fiberglass work for my current car, especially extensive bezel modification. I am thinking about making some custom bezels for people who want to flushmount a touchscreen for a carputer, or even just want to install a nice touchscreen headunit or monitor.

If anyone is interested, I will look into purchasing some stock bezels. Then you will send me the monitor you wish to have put in, and upon completion you will recieve it. I will probably include some sort of core charge so that if you return me your stock bezel, you'll recieve a refund.

The idea here is to make enough of these so that I have it down to a science to where it can be mass produced. In this case I would choose the monitor that I feel best works with the modification, and it would be a complete plug and play bezel with monitor.

This is just something that I am trying to start up. In respect to that, the first few guys to come forward will get considerable discounts.

Let me know what you guys are interested

To the Admins...this is simply a feeler thread to see if this is a good idea. If any people want my services and it becomes a profiting situation, I will immediately consult you about AMM or vendor or whatever status.

Sounds like a great opportunity. Have you offered your services to the www.mp3car.com community? I've only seen one or two carputers on this site so I don't think they are popular for you to make a large business out of this.

I'd be interested pending price and time frame. maybe not a PC touchscreen, but just a regular tv screen. depends on pricing.

Back