Highest HP on P5

Shasta said:
What is the highest horsepower you have heard on a P5 and any pics or vids?

cwill hit 409 whp on the dyno - a quick search should pop up the thread for you ...

sheesh, how much did that cost him and how long did it take?... u guyz r makin me wanna switch back ta honda... hahaha... a lil over 400whp is a lot, but i would think that you could do a lot better... screw this, maybe i should swap and get a k20 (motor mounts would be a pain though)... hahaha

Thing is, when a Protege makes 400whp it's < 400 ft. lbs of torque...

it's the torque that breaks s***.

Oh man that vid rocks, if you could just see the crazy ass smile on my face, awesome.

PimpSmurf said:
sheesh, how much did that cost him and how long did it take?... u guyz r makin me wanna switch back ta honda... hahaha... a lil over 400whp is a lot, but i would think that you could do a lot better... screw this, maybe i should swap and get a k20 (motor mounts would be a pain though)... hahaha

Umm...go back to Honda then. Seriously, Honda actually has tuners with budgets beyond what a single guy like Cwill or ddogg has. I would certainly hope with the aftermarket support and the sheer amount of people tuning Hondas that you could make more than 400whp. Although, FYI there is a 323 or MX-3 (I can't remember which) in Puerto Rico with an FS-DE pushing around 600whp.

bradicus18 said:
Umm...go back to Honda then. Seriously, Honda actually has tuners with budgets beyond what a single guy like Cwill or ddogg has. I would certainly hope with the aftermarket support and the sheer amount of people tuning Hondas that you could make more than 400whp. Although, FYI there is a 323 or MX-3 (I can't remember which) in Puerto Rico with an FS-DE pushing around 600whp.

someone is cranky... i posted that as a joke, notice i kept typing "hahaha"

anyways... i don't know engine codes, which is the FS-DE?... i wanna know wut optionz i have for an engine swap in a 2002.5 P5

PimpSmurf said:

anyways... i don't know engine codes, which is the FS-DE?... i wanna know wut optionz i have for an engine swap in a 2002.5 P5

The FS-DE is what you have in your car :) the FS was in like.. the 2g probes and mx-6s, the 626, etc.. the DE is the distributorless version that we have.

As for engine swaps.. there is the KL-series 2.5v6 that people in canada love to swap in.. the KL-ZE (jdm) version is 200hp (I think WHP maybe?) the U.S. version is like 160 crank hp.

Then there's the ZM.. it's the 1.6 from like the 01 and earlier DX/LX PRoteges.. it should be a direct swap, dunno if you can use our tranny with it. I know you can use our tranny with the KL, you just have to switch the bellhousing.

but yeah, the ZM.. likes boost. You can be like 240whp and not have to worry about it (at high boost levels though of course.. like 15-17psi?). I don't know of anyone who has swapped a ZM into an fs-de e-quipped protege, but I gotta say I've considered it more than once.

PimpSmurf said:

LOL, no I'm not being cranky. Sorry. I'm being serious. If that much horsepower is what you want then you probably really should go back to Hondas.

Tuning the FS-DE is an uphill battle unless you have loads of cash, patience, and the will to embark on a journey of trial and error after you snap rods and punch holes in your engine block!! LOL!!

Back