Clutch Problems

wolfpackMSP

:
03.5 MSP
I Was Driving Home Last Night, And Shifted From 2nd To 3rd Felt A Bad Jerk And Then Lost All Pull. I Think I Cracked My Pressure Plate. Gonna Pull It Apart Today And Check It Out. Any Suggestions On After Market Clutch Kits And Flywheels Too. May As Well Change That While I'm In There?

Yep losing the ability to move would suggest something other than the clutch. But a lot of MSP folks have gone with the Excedy stage one clutch for $365. The stock flywheel is not an issue or hinderance to performance, so just get yours resurfaced and save some cash. Check out Protegegarage for a welded LSD. Good luck!

Last edited:
DAWIV said:
Yep losing the ability to move would suggest something other than the clutch. But a lot of MSP folks have gone with the Excedy stage one clutch for $365. The stock flywheel is not an issue or hinderance to performance, so just get yours resurfaced and save some cash. Check out Protegegarage for a welded LSD. Good luck!
WOULD THE LSD MAKE THE CAR STALL OUT? THE CAR WILL START BUT STALLS LIKE THE CLUTCH WON'T DISINGAUGE. I HAD TO DRIVE IT ABOUT 2 MILES TO A SPOT WHERE I COULD PULL OVER BUT IT WOULD ONLY GO ABOUT 25 MPH AND WAS VERY SLUGGISH THE MOTOR WOULD REV AND WOULD ACT LIKE IT WAS OK ACCELERATE ABOUT 5MPH AND THEN DIE.

When I blew the diff in my car it didn't die but it wouldn't let me go over 10mph. I would try but if I went any faster than that it would spin then slow down. I think it is the diff, well expept for the stalling part. When I pulled it apart the clutch still looked good but I replaced it also.

orng1 said:
When I blew the diff in my car it didn't die but it wouldn't let me go over 10mph. I would try but if I went any faster than that it would spin then slow down. I think it is the diff, well expept for the stalling part. When I pulled it apart the clutch still looked good but I replaced it also.
what did the LSD look like when yours broke? was the problem obvious b/c I took mine apart and clutch looked fine clutch fork ok and the dif looked good also. I am baffled!!!!

Have you taken the diff out? Mine was in two pieces but you can't tell until you disassemble the trans case and get it out. There are pictures of it in the failure list, you got to go way back to find them.

"another one bites the dust"

Broken lsd will free rev in gear like it was in neutral. If yours still moves a little, it's not fully broken yet, but its probably broken nonetheless.

I've gone through 2, add your name to my failure registry.

Back