• mz51.jpg
    mz51.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 917
  • mz5.jpg
    mz5.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 694
That does look NICE

NYMZ5 said:
a couple of pics of my katskin seats. I just had to brighten up the interior, not a big fan of Mazda's black interiors. The installer bitched and moaned that it was one of the hardest installs he's done.... fishing for a tip?? Anyway my bank accounts empty but my wife's happy. (whip) http://www.mazdas247.com:8080/attach/jpg.gifhttp://www.mazdas247.com:8080/attach/jpg.gif

Nice job. Look like factory. Unfortunately my wife is more conservative and just wants something to get from point "A" to point "B". I did finally get factory tweeters for the front. Made a big difference.

I just got a full interior for my car this week. I hope to start working on it this weekend. I am going to do the rear seats first since I dont need them in my car daily and then slowly work forward. It doesn't apear to be too hard...im sure that will change when its time to start working on it.

"Did you do the rear seats too? If you don't mind me asking, how much was the total install?"

Did all 3 rows, full leather with suede inserts and the door panels. It was $1350. I think the kit alone direct from katskin is about $950 shipped.
One problem was the door panels; the original fabric has a texture to it and that texture partially shows through the leather. Might want to try to either remove the original fabric 1st, or put some sort of backing that will give a smoother foundation for the leather.

NYMZ5 said:
"Did you do the rear seats too? If you don't mind me asking, how much was the total install?"

Did all 3 rows, full leather with suede inserts and the door panels. It was $1350. I think the kit alone direct from katskin is about $950 shipped.
One problem was the door panels; the original fabric has a texture to it and that texture partially shows through the leather. Might want to try to either remove the original fabric 1st, or put some sort of backing that will give a smoother foundation for the leather.

I ordered my covers this week and I hope to install them this weekend. I think I can do a good job on it, although I dont have any experience doing it. The kit is both front and rear seats and all head rest covers.

NYMZ5 said:
a couple of pics of my katskin seats. I just had to brighten up the interior, not a big fan of Mazda's black interiors. The installer bitched and moaned that it was one of the hardest installs he's done.... fishing for a tip?? Anyway my bank accounts empty but my wife's happy. (whip) http://www.mazdas247.com:8080/attach/jpg.gifhttp://www.mazdas247.com:8080/attach/jpg.gif
Great work ..... may I recommend to change the boot of the shifter to beige also...

Can we see some shots from front to rear?

Wow, thanks for sharing the pics, the leather looks excellent! Funny, last week I was researching leather skins and posted a link to Katzkin without knowing what their product looks like. Thanks for sharing this really helps me see that they are awesome. I love the flap pocket on the seats.

So, how can you get it direct? On their website it's all about dealers? I want to go black leather with the carbon fiber inset to match the doors.

meinp5- Can you post pics of your process for us to follow when we decide to do it? It would be a huge help to others if you could.

Last edited:
Wow!!! It's the 2nd time I see aftermarket leather and both have been much better than the Mazda brown one. It looks sweet!

storage??

with the leather install, you lose the underseat storage, right? dont mean to be a bummer.. but I need that space .. the leather looks sweet though(2thumbs)

Kid Red said:
Why do you lose the storage?

meinp5- leather for your protege?

arent they leather "slipcovers"? so wouldnt that prevent the 2nd row seats from lifting (for the underseat storage)? just not sure on that who installed theirs? they would know.....

Kid Red said:
Why do you lose the storage?

meinp5- leather for your protege?

I don't think you would loose the underseat storage. And yes I did get a Katzkin leather kit for my P5.

traffikboy said:
arent they leather "slipcovers"? so wouldnt that prevent the 2nd row seats from lifting (for the underseat storage)? just not sure on that who installed theirs? they would know.....

I assume it would slip over the seat cushion, and the seat back and not hinder the opening or closing. The seat covers that come stock are easily removed, I think that's the same method the leathers use.

Back