Remote Start by Mazda

clickaz

:
2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring w/DVD, Black Cherry/Sand Leather
Mine has the Mazda factory Remote Start, very nice feature... can start the vehicle from about 900 feet away, also open the windows, and it has a "car finder" feature which is nice in a crowded parking lot. I also have the keyless smart system. I just leave the credit card size key in my wallet, and do everything else keyless, lock, unlock, starte, etc... can even roll down/up the windows with this system.

clickaz said:
Mine has the Mazda factory Remote Start, very nice feature... can start the vehicle from about 900 feet away, also open the windows, and it has a "car finder" feature which is nice in a crowded parking lot. I also have the keyless smart system. I just leave the credit card size key in my wallet, and do everything else keyless, lock, unlock, starte, etc... can even roll down/up the windows with this system.

Click, I've got the remote start also ... 2 questions:

- Is your remote a small black keyfob with a single blue button?

- Did you get an operation manual? I did not ... not sure how the car finder feature works.

Thanks ...

I just wish it worked in reverse. Close all the windows, lock the doors and turn off the engine (if on). If you use the remote to open the windows, you have to turn the car ON to shut them.

Why can't they just make the remote do it?

That day you go inside with leaving your sunroof or windows open and it's starting to rain - you gotta run outside, turn the car on and shut everything.

Silly, isn't it?

Infymus said:
I just wish it worked in reverse. Close all the windows, lock the doors and turn off the engine (if on). If you use the remote to open the windows, you have to turn the car ON to shut them.

Why can't they just make the remote do it?

That day you go inside with leaving your sunroof or windows open and it's starting to rain - you gotta run outside, turn the car on and shut everything.

Silly, isn't it?

YES!

remote

mine is a small black fob, mazda logo, and a key symbol. Comes with a Mazda manual if you get the factory remote. The Car finder works by HOLDING DOWN THE BUTTON FOR SEVERAL SECONDS, it will flash your lights, and sound your horn 6 times rapidly.

John

How many remotes did you guys get with your remote starters (other then the 2 smart keys).. The guy who installed it was not the dealer.. a 3rd party did it for the dealer.. they installed a 3rd party instead of the mozda remote start.. pissed me off a little but the doors now automatically close and open when the key is turned..... but when I asked for a 2nd remote for the remote starter.. he said it only came with one... so I wanna know if the mazda remote start comes with 2 or just one... also I see that some say that the remote starter opens and closes the window does it do that to everyone?..

Thanks

clickaz said:
mine is a small black fob, mazda logo, and a key symbol. Comes with a Mazda manual if you get the factory remote. The Car finder works by HOLDING DOWN THE BUTTON FOR SEVERAL SECONDS, it will flash your lights, and sound your horn 6 times rapidly.

John

I actually never even requested the remote start but the dealer had it put in free of charge (3rd party by Audiovox, not Mazda) ...

Did come with 2 small black fobs with blue "key" button ...

In regard to the other question, I assume you know that the smart keys open the windows/moonroof but cannot close them ...

Whitesnake said:
How many remotes did you guys get with your remote starters (other then the 2 smart keys).. The guy who installed it was not the dealer.. a 3rd party did it for the dealer.. they installed a 3rd party instead of the mozda remote start.. pissed me off a little but the doors now automatically close and open when the key is turned..... but when I asked for a 2nd remote for the remote starter.. he said it only came with one... so I wanna know if the mazda remote start comes with 2 or just one... also I see that some say that the remote starter opens and closes the window does it do that to everyone?..

Thanks

Problems with dealer

When I ordered my car, I asked for and have it written down (Mazda Remote start & mirror w/ homelink OEM). I had to wait for the parts to come in. I asked them many questions when they called saying the parts was in. If it had an auto lock feature when I turn the key if they can have it lock and unlock the doors etc.. I droped off the car (dealer had a 3rd party install it) when I got it back, they installed a 3rd party Valet 561R and they were showing me that I can do the auto lock etc and it only came with 1 remote starter. I said I was not happy, they didn't inform me about the switch, and it only came with 1 remote starter. I didn't want to go thru it there. I just e-mailed the dealer and called him to read his e-mail.

1) When I got home the homelink wasn't working. I check everything, I had to reseat the wire for the constant.

2) The plastic cover underneath the mirror was loose broken clip on right side. which I belive houses the wiper sensors. The wiper sensors are not working correctly because of that.

3) There wasn't a plastic piece covering the mirror wires..

Even though I apreciated there effort of installing the remote start that had the feature of auto lock, I did not give them the ok for them to use another remote starter. I rather have the OEM.

1) The oem is $300, the one they installed is worth under $100

2) If something goes wrong, sure I can go back to the dealer and they can fix it, but if I'm out of state, and something is caused by the non OEM remote starter, I probably would have to pay someone to fix it etc.

3)Only came with 1 remote instead of 2 wants to charge me 50 for a extra remote.. checked e-bay .. it' slike 20-30

I have the Mazda FACTORY INSTALLED remote start, it is FAR superior to after market ones which I have had before from Audiovox, etc... Mine came with TWO remote fobs, and a very nice receiving antenna, which gets great distance. I can start the vehicle while INSIDE an office building, shopping mall, etc.. Seems to work at OVER 1,000 feet of distance. Yes, you can roll down the windows, and do Car Finder if you like with this factory system.

clickaz said:
I have the Mazda FACTORY INSTALLED remote start, it is FAR superior to after market ones which I have had before from Audiovox, etc... Mine came with TWO remote fobs, and a very nice receiving antenna, which gets great distance. I can start the vehicle while INSIDE an office building, shopping mall, etc.. Seems to work at OVER 1,000 feet of distance. Yes, you can roll down the windows, and do Car Finder if you like with this factory system.

http://www.waynemazdafactoryparts.com/noname3.html

Thanks for the info... I really apreciate it. I am having them rip out the 3rd party version and putting the mazda version in (which I ordered in the first place). The one feature I wanted was to have the doors lock and unlock automatically when I started and shut the car off.. does your do that?.... Thanks for the info.. are there any "specifications" of how far it's supposed to support.. some people have different distances of how far the remote works...

Thanks

clickaz said:

Clickaz.
Are you able to open the windows with the factory installed remote start? What is the procedure? Also are you able to unlock the doors without starting the car? Tjhanks for yor help.

Has anyone attempted this install themself? The only problem I'm having with the write up is the part where I would have to install the immobilizer around where the key starts the engine (is that just for smart key installs?). It even says in the install it's a very important step. Except for that step, the install should be a breeze, maybe just a bit time consuming to do it correctly.

I haven't ordered it yet. But any help would be appreciated, thanks.

-- Eric

Back