Tranny Problems

mattD

:
2K Protege
ive got a 2000 DX and i am having trouble getting it into second....especially when its cold....in my vw's we replaced the front motor mount and changed the tranny fluid with full synthetic and all problems went away....

is this something i should do to the protege?

should i just go buy some caulk (something hard) and put it in all the holes in the mount to stiffen it up?

if i were to change the fluid...where are the drain and refill plugs? ive tried to search around and find pictures/descriptions but no avail

please help a brother out

mattD said:
ive got a 2000 DX and i am having trouble getting it into second....especially when its cold....in my vw's we replaced the front motor mount and changed the tranny fluid with full synthetic and all problems went away....

is this something i should do to the protege?

should i just go buy some caulk (something hard) and put it in all the holes in the mount to stiffen it up?

if i were to change the fluid...where are the drain and refill plugs? ive tried to search around and find pictures/descriptions but no avail

please help a brother out

I will do my best to help. I just did my manual transmission flush, and replaced it with 75W90 Full Synthetic Gear Oil (2 litres), and Lucas Full Synthetic Gear Oil (1 litre).
The transmission is located on the left side of the engine (if you were underneath the car). There are 2 plugs: 1 to drain the tranny fluid, and 1 to add fluid. The drain plug is located at the bottom of the tranny, and is a 15/16 socket, 1/2 drive. As for the fill plug, that is located on the front of the tranny, and this is a 15/16 socket, 1/2 drive as well.

Back