TS Electric windows - horror story..!

johne53

This afternoon a friend called around who I hadn't seen since about Christmas. I decided to show him my new Mazda 6 TS automatic which I bought in January. At first we just had a quick walk around it because we were on our way to my garage where my friend had stored some furniture, just before Christmas.

After we'd loaded the furniture into his van, I took him back to my new Mazda. To my horror, ALL FOUR windows were wide open!!! Not the doors - just the windows. They'd all been closed just 5 minutes earlier and I hadn't yet opened the car.

Apart from being hugely embarrassing, this would have been an open invitation to thieves and I'm dreading that it might happen again.

I'll be calling the dealer, first thing tomorrow morning but I'm just curious to know if anyone else has encountered a problem like this?

if you accidently hit the unlock button (and held it) the windows will roll down... its a feature of the car.

push & hold the unlock button and a few seconds later the windows will roll down, allowing the heat to escape on those hot days.

sounds like you accidently did this with the keys in your pocket.

ah - we were carrying furniture from my garage to his van and I had my keys in my pocket. It's possible that something might have pressed the button without me being aware of it. Thanks for the advice! (thumb)

Yeah...that happened to me the day i got it, while it was starting to rain...that was my cherry on top of my ice scream.

I have never used them...only time was that and when i read another thread about it and did it when i went out just to remind me that i had that great useless feature LOL...today fro example, it was HOT AS FCUK!!!, i got in my car talking on the phone and the leather seats started burning my ass, the shifter (always put it in 1st when i park it) burned my palm and the steering wheel my other hand....the heat inside made me sweat like a biatch and i got to work like a 'nam ***** sweating all over the place....

you know when you kick the AC to the max, but only starts to cool down when you arrive at your destination...ironic.

Back