The Turboyata goes tracking!

JDM-P5

The Jamaican Sensation
:
2006 Speed6 GT
I'm waiting on the pictures from the track photographer to get put online..hopefully soon.
But thanks to my gf's fantastic picture taking skillz...I managed to get one shot...and it's far away...but hey...she did get a vid. :D
So..once youtube finishes doing it's thing...I will post that up too. :)
The car ran great.
Had a little scare when I sniped a cone during my 10 minute practice session and it slipped of a small hose (oil)...just slipped it back on, ziptied it...checked the oil...F for the win! Back in the car 30 mins later...lets run!

Other than that...
I NEED race tires & 13s.
I NEED brakes...cuz they sux.
I NEED to practice...more TT's in 14 days.
Yay.
l_10d02a94a0f165cdf6af12e9f78571eb.jpg

Me sporting a Turkish National Football Jersey (they had a game tonight) & 2 Turkish racers...cool guys. They co-drive a Tofas (pr: toe-fash)...decent car.
l_b3d775437f87b2df765f76d702385c3f.jpg

Anyway...I placed 3rd in my class...2 Mini Cooper S's beat me out...but they are modded & had slicks...I have LSD, poor brakes (haha Kevin) & stock tires...advantage them.
There were 13 competitors overall. Two classes...Diesel & gas. Wow...haha. Is that fair!?
And..to add insult to injury...if my pride wasn't already bruised...Selin's fave car (other than the yata) is what else. MCS. So, she sits in it & I'm forced to take a picture. Great...haha
l_ee1f2b3c25b970a83e159b29de695bf2.jpg

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8BWq3kGu4k

Last edited:
lol JDM zip tie oil line repair FTW! That looks like fun dude! j00 need more throttle control ;). If you don't care about noise and dusting, HP+s are what you want. It's like throwing out an anchor once they warm up.

I'll admit it, that video made me smile. She looked and sounded awsome on course. Kick ass, Phil!

JDM-P5 said:
poor brakes (haha Kevin) & stock tires...

Don't blame me! I told you that you needed to bleed the brakes 5 months ago, lol. Get to it! (spin)

Last edited:
Oh my god... in the vid you car sounds awesome.

If that vid was a 'move to Turkey' advertisement, I'd be SOLD.

Thanks guys.
lol JDM zip tie oil line repair FTW! That looks like fun dude! j00 need more throttle control . If you don't care about noise and dusting, HP+s are what you want. It's like throwing out an anchor once they warm up.
Yeah, like I said...I must get used to the behavior of turboyata on the track before I can really throw her around. I kinda did in the warm up session. Then I took out the line & I had that in the back of my head the entire time...lol.

I'll admit it, that video made me smile. She looked and sounded awsome on course. Kick ass, Phil!
I still have not heard it on the computer yet. I need new speakers. :p
Don't blame me! I told you that you needed to bleed the brakes 5 months ago, lol. Get to it!
I knowz. :)

Oh my god... in the vid you car sounds awesome.

If that vid was a 'move to Turkey' advertisement, I'd be SOLD.
There are tracks all over the place here. I <3 it. Motorsports is second to football (soccer) here...so yeah, it's kind of a big deal!

Here's the track layout:
l_c242404facd3e1e5956e9250d816dd1b.jpg

Last edited:
Man...words cannot describe my frustration I experienced this morning.
I decided to get up relatively early and try to find some couplings. On the highway, I start noticing blue smoke & then the strange burning smell. I look at the oil pressure gauge & I notice the 30 - 0 needle swing. The death swing.
I'm like "Oh f**k! Please not this again!"
So I pull off the highway and limp the car to it's favorite watering hole...a Shell service station.
By time I turn off the car, get out & look behind me, I can see the drip marks.
Crap.
I kneel down.
Pale faced.
Oil.
Yikes.

The motor is hot, so I allow it to cool down as I politely ask for a floor jack.
We jack the car up & I pinpoint the problem (turbo oil return line). During my cone sniping...I may have hit this line & it shook it loose. Thankfully, it did not happen yesterday.
Once the bay was cool, we went to work. Dismantling the turbo pipes & getting down to business.
I undo the top & then I reach down to yank the bottom...it just slips off. SOAB. Screw zip ties. SS clamps are going on.
So, long story short. She's fixed...again. However, all they had was 15w30 syn oil. I don't think that is right for my car, although the car is running fine.
*Side note* Kev, what are you running in the GRM Miater?
Anyhow...now I have yet ANOTHER problem.
The couplings on my pipes (the black plpastic ones)...they do NOT sell over here. I plan to paypal one of you guys like $20 to get as many as you can & send them to me. I need these...as they are starting to give. Kevin or Scott or anyone else, lemme know if you can do this for me.
PM me & I will give you the details.
Here are some heartwarming pictures:
l_6ab9a64770f972ac30a309eed666da5c.jpg

l_c1226e904ca3b0699de3c1255284c8c3.jpg

l_31f298ec30625d371bffbbc1d4791f29.jpg

(eek2)

nice that last shot is great (in a horrible, horrible way).

You need some -10AN braided steel drain line with aeroquip fitting goodness (headbang)

Kansei said:
nice that last shot is great (in a horrible, horrible way).

You need some -10AN braided steel drain line with aeroquip fitting goodness (headbang)
Yeah...I had those...but it sprung a leak the day before she was to ship.
I may send that busted one back to a GACC member, so they can source me a line. :D

Dude...how many times do I have to say it. If there is 0 oil pressure, do not drive it!! No limping, crawling or creeping. Only stopping!

That's not the return line. It's the supply line (pressurized). Buy a new one and don't drive the car until it's installed.

I use 10w30.

Last edited:
kcbhiw said:
Dude...how many times do I have to say it. If there is 0 oil pressure, do not drive it!! No limping, crawling or creeping. Only stopping!

That's not the return line. It's the supply line (pressurized). Buy a new one and don't drive the car until it's installed.

I use 10w30.
Ahhh..supply line..gotchaz. I was just about there. :) It's been replaced. It was replaced in 15 minutes. :D

k-lea said:
You wouldn't know what to do with a girl.

Anyways, the Miata sounds hella mean.
Heh heh.
Thanks Kristin....I know you are gonna have a monster soon!

kcbhiw said:

I use 10w30.

Ok the car currently has 15w 30 on it...& I'm doing an oil change tomorrow...to 10w30. (2thumbs)

aMaff said:
hit the limiter much?
No...my powerz are limitless!
Another day of adventure...details forthcoming....
(wrc)

**Edit**
Here we are:
l_5df34c554dbab2dd7557ca1138c0f8c4.jpg

l_1c8b322a6d73c5141bb9c74452c8729b.jpg

l_b07c5f7ab5f02b32ba943feedd3ea3d9.jpg

l_f40a0020b3a5b12ad4a5c96e6136a946.jpg

l_51ed4a184fa8c7514adc2fa43cddae86.jpg

When it's all done...it's gonna roxursox!
(drive2)

Last edited:
So...I had to leave the car overnight at the shop & it was back to riding the bus...because the IC pipes did not fit (being they were made for a Nissan 240...lol)...anyway, should be done today, they were going to fab up a another set for me...good times.

LOLZ..I'm piss drunk giddy with myself (mind outta tha gutter plz):

I plan to get the UICP redone...because it's from the GRM set-up...which works great, but looks like a Jamaican shade-tree mechanic threw it together...oh wait....
l_a635afc066f8d27cba2ab3ca14f5e6f4.jpg

l_e262732d0fbf5a5c17b09828940d3f66.jpg

l_07bf978d5b6cd0acd52eddbac929947b.jpg

l_bf6889218f986d1763e746d419ad7c83.jpg

l_3be48bad5a0070bfeb07e04a479376d1.jpg

Hello Mr. Grinz!
Bumper massacre coming soon.

Back