Starting Over

Kristin:

Kirk Racing makes a quality roll bar (that's an even bigger b**** to install than the HD lol). However, they're a race prep shop and I've seen the job they did on Phil's car, so I trust them (also, they're semi-local to me in Alabamistan).

PM phil for pics, he's got like a million.

EDIT for pics from Kirk:

4 pt Roll bar:
Miata%20Bar.jpg

6 point (w/ door bars)
Miata%206%20Point.jpg

Last edited:
aMaff said:
Kristin:

Kirk Racing makes a quality roll bar (that's an even bigger b**** to install than the HD lol). However, they're a race prep shop and I've seen the job they did on Phil's car, so I trust them (also, they're semi-local to me in Alabamistan).

PM phil for pics, he's got like a million.

I talked to Kev about it, I may go with them. Thanks.

nice I like how low-profile those door bars are. If I had a miada I'd just weld the doors shut and make the unlock button on the remote auto roll the windows down in case for whatever reason the top was up.

No prob, I'll let you know once I have mine in and post up some pics and impressions. I'm probably going to have them install it for me.

k-lea said:
LOLZ. I just noticed something, I'm surprised no one picked it up..

(dunno) nothing noticed here...

'cept that planes scare you (and yet you drive a small car in a sea of SUVs equipped with bad drivers :p)

It's ok. I'm not going to change it or anything so if you are having a non-slow day you can skim through it. It's funny when I realize things like that, I laugh at myself. It's pretty obvious.

...honestly, I don't even know if it's posted in here. I just remembered typing something along those lines somewhere. I think it is in here, I don't care to go back and look..

Hard Dog Hard Core with the diagonals deleted ftw.

If you do decide you want a bar with diagonals, get a ride in a car that has them to make sure you can live with the fuxored rear visibility from the diagonals partially blocking the rear view mirror.

I don't blame you for not wanting to install them. I installed my first roll ball. The other two installs were done by John Long at JC Auto Spec. He's done so many Hard Dog installs he could probably do it with his eyes closed. Took him around an hour and a half to install the Hard Core on my MSM since he has a lift, air tools and lots of Hard Dog installs under his belt...much faster than the 5-6 hours it took me to install one on my own using jackstands and aviator snips. :p

Can't wait to see how your car evolves. I just traded in my MSM last month for an MS3, so I'll be upgrading my former MSM vicariously through you...or something like that. :)

...and good call on keeping the MSM over the GTO.

k-lea said:
Just made the biggest decision of my life today..
I got approved for the GTO but I have been holding off. Why? I'm keeping the MSM.
Bigger turbo, new rods, and pistons, and so much more soon to come. Hi2u 400+ rwhp.

Brought to you by: Speed Circuit

<3

wise decision (thumb)

Waiting on the Dino now. :p

Man, I'm going to be hella installing whichever day all this crap comes in. >.<

I'm going to try to slam it all in. BTW..

ATTENTION KRISTIN IS IN NEED OF STOCK MSM INJECT0RZ. I called Mazda and they cut me a deal, as always, but the deal was still $160 per injector, wtf mate? I'm trying not to blow $800 or whatever it is (do the math, I'm lazy) on something that will be coming out. If you work at Mazda and can get a better deal (Hammie) or you know someone that is selling some (fat chance) please let me know. Cash is ready to roll over to that person. I'm in *dire* need of these things. I have court on Tuesday and I have no car!

Last edited:
k-lea said:
Waiting on the Dino now. :p

Man, I'm going to be hella installing whichever day all this crap comes in. >.<

I'm going to try to slam it all in. BTW..

ATTENTION KRISTIN IS IN NEED OF STOCK MSM INJECT0RZ. I called Mazda and they cut me a deal, as always, but the deal was still $160 per injector, wtf mate? I'm trying not to blow $800 or whatever it is (do the math, I'm lazy) on something that will be coming out. If you work at Mazda and can get a better deal (Hammie) or you know someone that is selling some (fat chance) please let me know. Cash is ready to roll over to that person. I'm in *dire* need of these things. I have court on Tuesday and I have no car!

drop teh hammie and Ill ask parts today :p

...dude? I don't know your name! You are probably the only person on this forum (regular) that I don't know what your name is.

I think that made sense, I just woke up.

Well, ok..

Sean *gets on knees* PUHLEASE check for me? Maybe give your service manager a blow job or two to get him to come down in price. (evil)

evilmonkeyMSP said:
his name is sean....or sean #2 when in TLT

yes, and I generally always write it on teh bottom of PMs (though I couldnt tell ya for sure if thats the case)...

I dont really care :p just not the bestest name ever :D

k-lea said:
Well, ok..

Sean *gets on knees* PUHLEASE check for me? Maybe give your service manager a blow job or two to get him to come down in price. (evil)

Ill promise them from you (not my parts)... I was just going to originally go and ask for the parts myself, but Ill do that instead... :p

Back