Starting Over

k-lea said:
It's doable but not very comfortable. *IF* it gets there, it will obviously not be my daily ( I'm going to be buying a beater anyways so either way it won't be ). I came into this car wanting a small package yet loads of power. It'll be a process due to me having to learn the car with the power. I won't be like "BAM I HAVE 400RWHP!@#" it'll be a progression. From there, I will see if I want to go all the way to 400rwhp.

Honestly, I doubt I'll allow myself to get to 400. I want to live.
LOL, I know you were blowing smoke!!!

I read your first post and thought, 400whp yea right. Now I read this and I was right. You should have went with the GTO.

Hughes412 said:
LOL, I know you were blowing smoke!!!

I read your first post and thought, 400whp yea right. Now I read this and I was right. You should have went with the GTO.

Ha, you know me all too well!

No, I shouldn't have. Ever since the start of the whole GTO thing I've been hella stressed/pissy. When all was said and done the GTO was not something I wanted to get into. I told EVERYONE that the longer the MSM sits outside, the more I hate myself for letting it go. It all caught up to me when the paper work was being faxed back and forth (GTO was in Missouri). I got a pleasant call saying I was approved but the numbers were a bit shaky. It was something I could do but I didn't want to. I called back, told him I couldn't do it and I swear to you, I had the BIGGEST s***-eating grin on my face ever.

Soon after a phone call was made to Dana and the show began. I think I was tinkering with the idea to Dana a couple of days before and that's what really made me think hard about it. Even though it was "useless play" in all reality, it was something I really wanted to do.

This whole process has allowed me to save up a decent amount of cash and has taught me a lot of patience. My parents didn't agree with the whole GTO idea but they let me do what I want because it's what "makes me happy." I didn't even tell my parents I was keeping the MSM until a day after I had made the phone call. When I told them, they were glowing. "Our baby is all grown-up" kind of crap came out their mouth.

I'm happy under the hood of the Miata, that's where I belong.

Don't allow any parts to hit the trash this time, Kristin. ;) Besides, I might want to buy 'em from you.

(yippy)

I knew you'd make the right choice.. I'm proud of you Kristin!!!!!!

k-lea said:
Ha, you know me all too well!

No, I shouldn't have. Ever since the start of the whole GTO thing I've been hella stressed/pissy. When all was said and done the GTO was not something I wanted to get into. I told EVERYONE that the longer the MSM sits outside, the more I hate myself for letting it go. It all caught up to me when the paper work was being faxed back and forth (GTO was in Missouri). I got a pleasant call saying I was approved but the numbers were a bit shaky. It was something I could do but I didn't want to. I called back, told him I couldn't do it and I swear to you, I had the BIGGEST s***-eating grin on my face ever.

Soon after a phone call was made to Dana and the show began. I think I was tinkering with the idea to Dana a couple of days before and that's what really made me think hard about it. Even though it was "useless play" in all reality, it was something I really wanted to do.

This whole process has allowed me to save up a decent amount of cash and has taught me a lot of patience. My parents didn't agree with the whole GTO idea but they let me do what I want because it's what "makes me happy." I didn't even tell my parents I was keeping the MSM until a day after I had made the phone call. When I told them, they were glowing. "Our baby is all grown-up" kind of crap came out their mouth.

I'm happy under the hood of the Miata, that's where I belong.

k-lea said:
I got a pleasant call saying I was approved but the numbers were a bit shaky.

LOL, I know that feeling! They did that to me on the New style Chevy. We started out at 29k and I got them down to 23k. Then AFTER they ran the protege into a wall the numbers were back up to 26k! I blew a fuse!!

Well, the good thing is that you didn't go for the GTO. Really, that kind of payment is killer. But this time go slow with the car and do it right the first time.

I'm doing it right this time. I have learned from my mistakes and plan to use that new knowledge with this build. :p

Thanks for the support, guys!

k-lea said:
I'm doing it right this time. I have learned from my mistakes and plan to use that new knowledge with this build. :p

Thanks for the support, guys!

Talking about support...how is it coming from the rents? Mine think I'm nots when I put money into my car let alone what you are doing. HAHA

zumzumzoom03 said:
Talking about support...how is it coming from the rents? Mine think I'm nots when I put money into my car let alone what you are doing. HAHA
They support me fully. They *LOVE* the Miata and really wanted me to keep it in the first place. My mom and dad left yesterday and came home to me under the hood of the car and she came up to hug me "I'm proud of you." Such a sap but they love seeing me work on the car. My dad always asks me "What are we getting this week?" They love to watch the car grow almost as much as I do.

k-lea said:
They support me fully. They *LOVE* the Miata and really wanted me to keep it in the first place. My mom and dad left yesterday and came home to me under the hood of the car and she came up to hug me "I'm proud of you." Such a sap but they love seeing me work on the car. My dad always asks me "What are we getting this week?" They love to watch the car grow almost as much as I do.

You're lucky - most parents are that understanding.

k-lea said:

LMAO - my parents are the opposite...

they dont/wouldnt understand anything I do/did to this car.

They were all for me keeping my Jetta even after the bazillion problems I had while it was UNDER WARRANTY...

Hell, they still think it was a bad purchase on my behalf (the MSP).

My Protege5 isn't even mine (rofl2)

"yes officer, this is my mom's car.. what about the registration/insurance don't you understand.. it's not my fault she's a ricer"

My parents were suprisingly supportive of me taking the daily driver honda out of commission for a month to do my engine swap. Meanwhile I was taking whatever car was available to go to work and school. At the time, I didn't have any other cars like I do now. My dad was out there with me working on it.

Kansei said:
My Protege5 isn't even mine (rofl2)

"yes officer, this is my mom's car.. what about the registration/insurance don't you understand.. it's not my fault she's a ricer"

Haha, yeah...my Civic is in my Mom's name. Since I did the OBD2 to OBD1 conversion, the CEL never shuts off. There's nothing wrong with the car, it's just normal crap. I can't title it in my county because it requires E-check. The car will never pass. So, we transfered the car to her name so that I can title it still. Only difference is...my mom is a motorhead and has burned tires off of cars (and vans).

Back