Starting Over

Donas64 said:
But such warm fuzzy, raw, meaty, brutish power!!!!! It could have learned to dance with some suspension mods. Maybe not the quickstep like the MSM but at least a tango or something. Oh well, good luck with the build. (drive2)

I think I just vomited in my mouth a little

Why do the seats have to be such a bia to get out? Angles, suck!

Also, there are two hooks behind the passenger seat, I see them as dead-weight. Those have to come out.

sweet action kristin! i wasn't going to say it until now, but I've never really been a fan of the GTOs. Everyone and their mother has one done here....
400rwhp msm ftw!(boom05)

This is what I'm looking at right now. Seats are out, dead-weight has been killed. I do these kind of clean-ups about 3 times a year but I have slacked on the MSM (I haven't had it in ages). Basically, I take apart the interior and clean dirt, dust, ash, and anything my feet drag in.

Also, after I condition my seats (leather, ftl) I'm going to tackle the mess of wires!

Flyin Miata has a section on their site with salvage parts. The previous owner of the MSM was obviously blind since he never got the keys in the right hole and tore up the column. That is on order. I'm going to take the radio out (total sigh) and replace it with a single din to allow another din to be open to electronics.

Seats are on the agenda. Good thing I have a two-seater. *points and laughs* I don't have to worry about back seats clashing with the goodies in the front.

It's all about preparation..

Attachments

• 000_4802.jpg
    000_4802.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 217
  • 000_4803.jpg
    000_4803.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 189
  • 000_4800.jpg
    000_4800.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 184
sandspeed said:
sweet action kristin! i wasn't going to say it until now, but I've never really been a fan of the GTOs. Everyone and their mother has one done here....
400rwhp msm ftw!(boom05)

I haven't seen a MSM go this far due to the conservatives, so this will be fun. There is no doubt in my mind a Miata can't push over 400 at the wheels, it's been done with Warren's NB that is now at 500rwhp from the last I heard.

speaking of GTO's i had to go to carmax to turn in some cook county tax, that the county was trying to collect from me and i saw 2 both manual's one was a 5.7 for 21k one for 19k, man i want one sooo bad but alas i already invested 3 grand into the MP5 i'd be losing money if i traded it in MP5-T ftw

Sweet! My buddy backed out on his GTO deal too. No biggy though. Glad to see another build thread!(drinks)

Monday I am going to be ordering a new exhaust, downpipe, and some coilovers.

ITS ALIVE, ITS ALLLLIIIIIVE.

Yup.

(butthump)

.... If you do this.... OMG FTW...

and I like the bass frog bars. They look good AND they are functional. Thats a ++ in my book. Keep us posted every single step... *sits and waits for update*

Haha, does that include me cleaning up that mess on the first page? It's a step, so I guess it does. Anywho, that's all cleaned up. Spotless. I have a few things to tweak before I put the stuff back in but I should be running around in it soon, just need to get some more injectors. GAH.

*mental note, clutch*

If someone notices I'm buying everything but a clutch, please say something. I've been with a tch (half a clutch) for about 5 months now.

lol... if your half of the clutch is the 'tch'... does that mean you're 'clu'less?

Ehe, just kidding :)

orlandomsp said:
It'll be cool to see how this project unfolds, but how streetable is a 400whp miata?

It's doable but not very comfortable. *IF* it gets there, it will obviously not be my daily ( I'm going to be buying a beater anyways so either way it won't be ). I came into this car wanting a small package yet loads of power. It'll be a process due to me having to learn the car with the power. I won't be like "BAM I HAVE 400RWHP!@#" it'll be a progression. From there, I will see if I want to go all the way to 400rwhp.

Honestly, I doubt I'll allow myself to get to 400. I want to live.

Last edited:
Clean clean clean!

Cleaned all the gunk on the valve cover, but not all the way done, I was trying to be cool and polish the lettering and got some of the stuff in the little cracks. I'm taking out the intake in a whole minute making room for the new one (one that actually works)

It seems pretty dumb to be doing this since you are expecting the car to go under the knife soon, but it's not. Like I said earlier, it's all about preparation. I'm going to get all the basics done THEN go after the motor. It's common sense but for those who don't know what happened know I pretty much sold everything on the car. I still have a few gauges I need to get rid of to make room for the new line-up. If you know anyone looking for a Defi BF Imperial or a AEM Wideband, lemme know!

Attachments

• 000_4804.jpg
    000_4804.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 168
  • 000_4813.jpg
    000_4813.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 174
  • 000_4810.jpg
    000_4810.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_1415.jpg
    IMG_1415.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 192
k-lea said:
Clean clean clean!

Cleaned all the gunk on the valve cover, but not all the way done, I was trying to be cool and polish the lettering and got some of the stuff in the little cracks. I'm taking out the intake in a whole minute making room for the new one (one that actually works)

It seems pretty dumb to be doing this since you are expecting the car to go under the knife soon, but it's not. Like I said earlier, it's all about preparation. I'm going to get all the basics done THEN go after the motor. It's common sense but for those who don't know what happened know I pretty much sold everything on the car. I still have a few gauges I need to get rid of to make room for the new line-up. If you know anyone looking for a Defi BF Imperial or a AEM Wideband, lemme know!

Ata girl.

I for one am glad that you'll be sticking with the MSM. You've got some tall goals and it should be very interesting to see how it all pans out. I think I would focus on the new turbo, manifold and internals before I spent any money on the intake, exhaust, intercooler or ducting.

Back