(help) hey guys i have a question for everyone(help)

qikslvr2006

:
2011 Mazdaspeed3
(boom08) (help) (hump) Should I do high comp all motor or low comp motor with turbo.

I have been thinking about this for a year hahaha. I can't make up my mind has anyone done an all motor protege? and what kind of numbers are people getting?

I know turbo would be esier and all and more horsepower. both will cost a good bit of money. jw. thanks everyone. i just can't make up my mind at all. i keep bouncing between the two. one week its one way and the next i change my mind. stupid stupid me (boom08) (help) (hump)

Last edited:
qikslvr2006 said:
(boom08) (help) (hump) Should I do high comp all motor or low comp motor with turbo.

I have been thinking about this for a year hahaha. I can't make up my mind has anyone done an all motor protege? and what kind of numbers are people getting?

I know turbo would be esier and all and more horsepower. both will cost a good bit of money. jw. thanks everyone. i just can't make up my mind at all. i keep bouncing between the two. one week its one way and the next i change my mind. stupid stupid me (boom08) (help) (hump)

low (8.5:1) compression + turbo would be an easier choice, still expensive, but easier. Any allmotor protege would be a lot more custom (IE machining all-new pistons and custom rods) and probably in the long run cost more.

There is a guy on here that is building/built a custom all-motor FSDE. He had to machine one off rods, pistons and hone the crank specifically for his application. I think he was running 11.5:1 compression ratio IIRC?

his build is the the N/A tuning forum.

My opinion is low compression/turbo - not because its been done before, but because I love forced induction...

it would be fun hahaha. plus im not sre cause the protege will be my daily driver. im getting a 350 in a couple of moths and i wnat to get the twin turbo kit for it. i want to make it a mad horsepower drift car even though i wont drift it for a long time but the mad horsies will be nice

Back