Lowering the CX-9

I too am interested in finding out if manufacturers like Eibach or H&R comes up with lowering springs for the CX9. But, I'd like close to if not the same as stock ride ability. I don't want the suspension to be any stiffer, just lower. Progressive springs may do the trick. I'm looking at it from a practical POV for us. Me and the wifey are not very tall, and lowering the CX9 will make getting in and out easier. As it is, I think the driver side leather seat left bolster will be all chaffed up in a short time from getting rubbed by our buttocks each time we get in and out of the car. Besides, we won't be taking it off-roading anyway, so no need for all that ride height.

Lowering for better cornering is mostly a myth designed to sell aftermarket parts to those who don't understand handling mechanics.

To reduce the ride height, you have to shorten the suspension, which lessens travel. To compensate, you have to stiffen the springs, especially on a 4500lb vehicle. Because of this, when you corner, the wheels tend to hop, breaking your grip and making the cornering even worse. The change in height for a CX9 also isn't significant enough to make much difference. little lean is actually good for cornering. It presses down on the leading tire, slightly rolling it to grab better.

Lowering is totally not worth it, especially when you then have to be even more careful over bumps, driveways, and parking next to curbs. Not even for the look alone.

The CX9 handles amazingly well for a big vehicle already. I doubt anyone will improve that in their garage.

Company in Toronto called SQUEAKY CLEAN air ride is making coilovers and air suspension for these. These are coilovers

Attachments

• 20210519_141929.jpg
    20210519_141929.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 161
Come on, it's not life it's off-road capable anyway...

I was looking at the car yesterday and was thinking it would look so dang sick with 2.5" drop. Problem is, I doubt there'll ever be suspension available for CX-9 in order to do that. Which car does CX-9 share chassis with?
CX-5 is the same. I went the coilover route so I could adjust to whatever ride height I want.

Website? Interested in lowering mine. Thanks
Google!

Google!

Thanks for being such a an outstanding member… if you see the post it is spelled differently, hence the question being asked for the website. And let’s not forget the Toronto part. But I appreciate it

Thanks for being such a an outstanding member… if you see the post it is spelled differently, hence the question being asked for the website. And let’s not forget the Toronto part. But I appreciate it
Doh! My bad. Thought it was the Canadian one.

They only seem to have Facebook and Instagram listings and a club site.

Yeah check FB and IG, that seems to be the best way to reach them. The owner is on IG a lot, his tag is @squeakycleanair. He has a very "no-nonsense" attitude, just mentioning it as a heads up lol.

Back