Rear BUmper Step installed with pics

Bakrauf

Contributor
:
2007 Mazdaspeed 3 Sport- True Red
IN case any of you are wondering what they look like. thanks to Josh at Ron Tonkin who, as always has great deals! they are a tad bit lighter but i bet they darken up with some armor all.

StepintallSmall.jpg

stepinstall1Small.jpg

I got thoughs too :) Good Install +1 for joooo

Just added mine this week too. Love the look and will protect the bumper when the dogs hop in the back...

I just installed these on my car and I messed one of them up. Not by much, it's only out by about 1/8", but that's enough to bug me. Are these as easy to take off as the side moldings or is the adhesive different. Once I get the bumper off the car, I'll want to put it back on (correctly), would my dealer carry the adhesive strips, or should I look elsewhere?

All this aside, these look great on a black car...(nana)

myles said:
I just installed these on my car and I messed one of them up. Not by much, it's only out by about 1/8", but that's enough to bug me. Are these as easy to take off as the side moldings or is the adhesive different. Once I get the bumper off the car, I'll want to put it back on (correctly), would my dealer carry the adhesive strips, or should I look elsewhere?

All this aside, these look great on a black car...(nana)

Hey Myles:

I think these will be a bear to get off, but it can be done. I would suggest using a hair drier to warm up the bumper guards (be careful not to leave too much heat in one spot). they should come off with some heat and some elbow grease. To reinstall, I would suggest getting some double-sided mounting tape at any auto parts store.

Hope this helps...

BSTD3 said:
Hey Myles:

I think these will be a bear to get off, but it can be done. I would suggest using a hair drier to warm up the bumper guards (be careful not to leave too much heat in one spot). they should come off with some heat and some elbow grease. To reinstall, I would suggest getting some double-sided mounting tape at any auto parts store.

Hope this helps...

Thanks, I'll give it a go once it warms up here (snowing in April, gotta love Canada).

I think if I decide to add them I want to paint them body color to blend them. I think the black looks kinda blah, but the functionality is good. I know that they sell paint that adheres to plastic without flaking off. I have used it with great results. It wont be factory silver, but I think would blend nicely (at least a lot better than black.......unless you have black;)

Back