Truth about K-Sports?

at some point, business is business. if you were the first owner and these were six months old, that's one thing. you are the third hand owner (at least) and these are several years old. they were probably out of warranty when you bought them; certainly out of warranty now. if i buy a six year old car from a second owner and the motor blows because of a design defect, the company has NO obligation to fix it. whether they SHOULD fix it is another matter......

IMO, $400 is cheap as hell to get four shocks overhauled. if they install their new style shim stacks and seals, you basically get an upgrade from their old sh1tty shocks to their newer ones. probably you'd get a warranty, too.

i can tell you that even if you'd spent $7,500 on a set of 4-way motons, you'd still be rebuilding them now.

Ahh but car manufacturers do honor warranties and recalls/campaigns no matter the number of owners. I am not asking k-sport to replace them for free but knowing there was a distinct problem with the design of their shock a good business would give the customer a break.

Ahh but car manufacturers do honor warranties and recalls/campaigns no matter the number of owners. I am not asking k-sport to replace them for free but knowing there was a distinct problem with the design of their shock a good business would give the customer a break.

agreed. as they apparently changed ownership, it would have almost made more sense to change the name of the company & build a new rep from scratch.

to add to the thread about their service. i recently sent mines in for service, and for about 2weeks, almost everytime i called there was something new, or i had to remind him about shipping. there finally here, and they have replaced both dampers, adjustment knowbs,one lower mount(the other one has been wacked and marked a bit, but not many), and the bottom spring perches and spanners. 2 ksport stickers, and some papers that show how to adjust from the very bottom, or else u cud VOID the warranty. all this for $200. they also erased all of my alignment markings, but maybe they had to. i remember them luckily. Ive heard that someone got replacements for $75 a damper, but he mentioned i was getting them at half off.

the last set was frozen from the bottom, and i needed to lower it to get away from the stops. they told me that the threads were runied and the rod was bent somehow, probly when i hit thiss one bump and hit the stops twice somehow :-/, which was really when i found out what i was bumping.

Back