'06 or '07?

Hi, I'm new to this forum and Mazda so bear with me.

I was almost ready to ink a deal on an '07 5 GT automatic but found out another dealer has some new '06's. I prefer the blue but the '06's are black and sliver - I can live with either of those colours.

My questions are...

1. '06 or '07?

2. What are the major issues with '06? What issues have been ironed out for '07?

3. I can get the '07 for $300 above invoice (from carcostcanada.com) with no charge for paint and wheel locks, and no admin fee. Is that a good price?

4. If I opt for the '06, what price should I go in at (GT auto)? What factory/dealer incentives are there to move old models?

From what I've read, we should consider last year's models to have already depreciated by 20%.

Thanks for your input,

Froz

Just remember that your resale on the 06 is already down by about 2-3k, so you better get it for at least that much less.

Check production date for the 06

Follow this thread http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123649809 and get the service bulletin for the suspension noise issue. The VIN affected are

2006 Mazda5 vehicles with VINs lower than JM1 CR**** ** 111238 produced before November 1, 2005) for stabilizer bushings.
2006 Mazda5 vehicles with VINs lower than JM1 CR**** ** 120197 produced before January 27, 2006) for lower arm.

If you decide to get the 06, see if it falls within the VIN's and if so, make sure it is already repaired as per the bulletin.

I have a 07 GT. It still sqeaked in very cold days (-10C) but nothing serious. Maybe for the first 5 minutes before the car had warmed up. Other than that, there has been no problem.

Welcome to the huge Mazda5 following in the Toronto area. There must be hundreds of them out there from what I see everyday.

Get the 07 mazda5 blue in color, that's the one i think you like the best and the price is a fair to me. good luck! (drinks)

Car is pretty much the same yet I'd go 2007 (value wise).

As per the 2006 I'm pretty sure they are urged to sell so price should be low regardless (scratch). As mentioned earlier in the thread, I'd check the VIN to make sure the a)suspension b)exhaust and c)sliding door locks that freeze recalls/issues are already ironed.

Now, one thing, I'm not sure for Canada, but I remembered that for the US 06 had a 4yr warranty while the 07 only had a 3yr one.

06 or 07, you'll enjoy the car anyway :D

frozennipples said:
Hi, I'm new to this forum and Mazda so bear with me.

I was almost ready to ink a deal on an '07 5 GT automatic but found out another dealer has some new '06's. I prefer the blue but the '06's are black and sliver - I can live with either of those colours.

My questions are...

1. '06 or '07?

2. What are the major issues with '06? What issues have been ironed out for '07?

3. I can get the '07 for $300 above invoice (from carcostcanada.com) with no charge for paint and wheel locks, and no admin fee. Is that a good price?

4. If I opt for the '06, what price should I go in at (GT auto)? What factory/dealer incentives are there to move old models?

From what I've read, we should consider last year's models to have already depreciated by 20%.

Thanks for your input,

Froz

I have 06 Mazda 5 GT that was built in April 2006. No issues at all.
$300 above is pretty good deal for Canada. I would go with 2006 only if you're going to keep this vehicle for a long time and discount is significant.

Back