Picking Up MS3 Today

abun24

:
2007 Black Mica Speed3 Sport
I'm getting my black mica MS3 sport today(cabpatch) (cabpatch) But, I've never picked up a new car before and I'm not sure what I should be on the lookout for. Is there a checklist or a few things that I should check for certain before walking out the door. I plan to forego any extended warranty stuff but I want to make sure I'm dotting me i's and crossing me t's.

abun24 said:
I'm getting my black mica MS3 sport today(cabpatch) (cabpatch) But, I've never picked up a new car before and I'm not sure what I should be on the lookout for. Is there a checklist or a few things that I should check for certain before walking out the door. I plan to forego any extended warranty stuff but I want to make sure I'm dotting me i's and crossing me t's.

i would get the warranty. especially with the prices to fix things on this car.

Make sure there are no scratches and have them check the tire pressure. Also check mileage, make sure it's where you think it should be.
Also, can you ask them how to figure out the build #? I know someone said there's no way to tell, but I want to make sure. It seems like my dealer handed me a tag that had 141 on it and said this is your build #. I was really excited that night and can't remember if it really happened or not.

If you get the ext warranty, make them come down on price. I was offered something like $1500 for mine (I declined).

Enjoy your new car!!

Vixen said:
Make sure there are no scratches and have them check the tire pressure. Also check mileage, make sure it's where you think it should be.
Also, can you ask them how to figure out the build #? I know someone said there's no way to tell, but I want to make sure. It seems like my dealer handed me a tag that had 141 on it and said this is your build #. I was really excited that night and can't remember if it really happened or not.
I'll check into the build number but my dealer hasn't exactly impressed with their car knowledge.

Regardless, I think Mazda can answer that question if you contact them directly.

#141 is cool, I'm probably in the 4000s.

dcomiskey said:
If you get the ext warranty, make them come down on price. I was offered something like $1500 for mine (I declined).

Enjoy your new car!!

Yeah, there's a good negotiating spot. Thanks.

Biggest things, check for dings and dents. Happens all the time around a dealer lot. Also, check the wheels for rash. You know, the basic "I just work here and it's cool if I abuse some one else's car" stuff.

Congrats!

Warranties are a waste of money and they will likely not cover all of the costs if you do have a problems. My insurance (geico) gives me a 7 year/100,000 waranty on anything that goes wrong with my car and only has a $250 dectuctable. This service is free and you could pay the dectuctable 10 times over for what an extended waranty will cost you.

dread said:
Warranties are a waste of money and they will likely not cover all of the costs if you do have a problems. My insurance (geico) gives me a 7 year/100,000 waranty on anything that goes wrong with my car and only has a $250 dectuctable. This service is free and you could pay the dectuctable 10 times over for what an extended waranty will cost you.
Wow, that's pretty sweet. I'll look into that, I have been pricing insurance. Do you know if this is a normal part of comprehensive or if this is something Geico does differently?

Yeah, I'm still not sold on the warranty.

Back