Powered Subwoofer Installation (I know I know powered blah.. I will expalin)

Powered Subwoofer Installation (I know I know powered... I will explain)

First off this forum is awesome, I could almost find everything I needed to know.. haha.. Well I'm not too disappointed with the stock 6 disc system in my '02 P5. I am a musician and I wanted a hatchback to haul around my two 4-10 bass cabs and other music equipment. It does that very well by the way, it's a hauling beast! I'll get to the point.. I wanted something that would fit under my seat so I wouldn't lose any space at all so I bought this Kenwood KSC-SW1 powered subwoofer for 149.00 at etronics.com. It actually fits under the driver seat pretty nice and I wired it like the diagram said except for a wire they call the, "Power Control terminal" *see attached diagram... It says to hook it up to the accessory line.. Is that the white/blue wire or the green/black wire? I hooked it to the white/blue but the sub wasn't working.. I took a voltmeter and measured the terminal that plugs into the sub and I am getting 12 volts to power and getting some milliamp readings on the speaker wire signals. I am just unsure of the one wire I mentioned and if that is why the sub isn't working. Thanks for listening guys..

Attachments

• hookup_diagram.gif
    hookup_diagram.gif
    52.9 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
hmm, I had a Kenwood WOOx powered sub, and I believe the blue/white would go to the remote wire from the head unit. if you're using oem, then you would need to connect it to another power source that shuts off, or a constant power supply but you'll need to add an on/off switch.
I'm no expert, but that's my $.02.

My powered sub was cool. I had it bolted in the middle of the rear seats in my 99 saturn, and it was firing forward. It was nice, but not deep enough. Course, I got bigger subs, now i'm going deaf. Go figure.
2xbox4x10" subs? what kind of musician are you? cause thats some serious bass you're haulin'. If I were you, I'd just add an amp and power some of those subs and you haul them around.

SlowPro98 said:
oh duh, Metal bassit! I get it. I'm sloooow (drinks)

haha yeah.. thanks for your input man.. I don't know if my expertise is good enough to add a switch.. but i'll look into it. I thought if I hooked it up to the ignition key switch (acc) that would be like a switch for on or off.. but what do I know?

Yeah I guess the name gives it away(rockon) I just got my 2nd 4-10 bass cab today so I am looking forward to trying out all 8-10's together.. Needless to say that is why I don't have too much to spend on my car at the moment.

m3tal_bassist said:
I thought if I hooked it up to the ignition key switch (acc) that would be like a switch for on or off.. but what do I know?

Yeah, I never like splicing into the hard wires for the car,I was always worried I'd cut the wrong ones. I would usually add a direct wire from the battery, put a fuse, then mount a switch, measure the distance, then solder it all together. The switch is cool and you could always do something cool like a glowing switch, or a military style safety switch. I used to spend too much time in radioshack.

Latest posts

Back