how do u install boost gauge?

clos561

i am going to order a boost gauge from prosport when they are in stock..and i want to mount it on the steering wheel column but i dont kno where and how to run all the necessary things for the gauge to work...has anyone installed a gauge here and how did u do it?

Boost gauge install

clos561 said:
i am going to order a boost gauge from prosport when they are in stock..and i want to mount it on the steering wheel column but i dont kno where and how to run all the necessary things for the gauge to work...has anyone installed a gauge here and how did u do it?

I am looking into that very same install and had a talk with Prosport today with their technician and found out the differences in there two gauge series, Performance and Premium. I myself am going with an A-pillar mount that will require some crazy bends and stiff plastic tubing along with the possibility of kinking it going through the firewall or dash just didn't appeal to me, with the performance gauge. On the other hand the premium gauge being electrical which uses the tubing only in the engine compartment to a sending unit and then from a sending unit to the gauge using wire seems like a winner to me. Only have to run a wire to ignition for accessory power for daytime lighting and one to the headlight switch for when the headlights are activated the backlighting goes amber like the rest of the cluster to match. Also the premium gauge is programmable for different peak warnings and also does the startup and shutdown tests. Really not a bad install.(drive)

my main concern is the air tube to read the boost pressure when u t it at the bov..i know its bigger but ive never seen one so im not sure...i can run the power wires no prob but i dont kno where and hwo to run the thicker air line so that it doesnt pinch it and mess with readings

DSC02514.jpg

auto meter....

MS3Chik said:
DSC02514.jpg

auto meter....
very nice....i saw a nice gauge pod that fits around the steering wheel its about 120 but it looks really nice...i jsut cant imagine how the line would runwithout kinking through all the dash and stuff...i guess its gona take some actual work to figure it out and paly with options

clos561 said:
very nice....i saw a nice gauge pod that fits around the steering wheel its about 120 but it looks really nice...i jsut cant imagine how the line would runwithout kinking through all the dash and stuff...i guess its gona take some actual work to figure it out and paly with options
yea this pod was 20 bucks..and the fittings bring out the line so it isnt kinked..its all autometer..

It would be nice if someone came out with a pillar set up for these cars. Mounting a gauge on the column looks out of place when the plastic/housing is not molded in. Reminds me of guys with giant tachs on the dash.

maestro said:
It would be nice if someone came out with a pillar set up for these cars. Mounting a gauge on the column looks out of place when the plastic/housing is not molded in. Reminds me of guys with giant tachs on the dash.

Not sure about the MS3, but my CX-7 has side curtain airbags in the A-pillar, so I won't likely be putting mine there...

Back