Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!

Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket fog light discussion thread

2002 Mazda Protege 5

im on my 3rd pair, insurance paid for the last set

Mods
    AEM SRI/K&N Filter & Wrap/NSN IM Spacer/VTCS Removed/OBX Header/MAM Midpipe/Racing Beat Cat-back/AWR Motor Mounts/Kartboy Bushings & Hangers/MAM Guage Rings/B&M Short Shifter/Mazda6 Shift Knob/Redline Leather Shift Boot/Tokico HB Struts/Racing Beat Lowering Springs/Mazda6 Rims/BF Goodrich G-Force/MSP Calipers & Rotors/Corksport SS Brake Lines/Goodridge SS Clutch Line/6000K HID's/5% Llumar Tint/Optima Yellowtop Battery/Dynamat Extreme/Alpine 6.5" Touchscreen DVD with Sirius Tuner/Alpine V12 Amps/Focal Speakers & Subs/Monster Cable & Cap/Tribute Washer Nozzles/NGK Long Reach Plugs/1.8L Coil Swap/626 Valve Cover/De-Badged Grill (I did this on purpose, I swear)

Wish List
    NEW MOTOR

DBA-BK3P

These are alright I guess. Not the best quality. Probably the cheapest you'll find at $33 from JCWhitney. The beam pattern is more of a driving light than fog, but I mainly did it for cosmetic reasons. They even mount up perfectly in the stock mounts. I would suggest you get some foglight film to protect them or any other foglight you buy to prevent damage in the future. I now have stocks back in which is my 5th set of fogs and decided to get the film, and let me tell you, the film works.

But remember, you get what you pay for.

My original thread back in 2003 w/ pics

JCWhitney
    Last edited by P2K; 05-14-2007 at 10:32 AM.

03 Protege5

Just picked up a set of Catz SR from jcatz872 for $75 shipped! I can't wait to get them installed.

02 Red Protege5

Look at sig, Amber, JCWHITNEY for $40 shipped

2002 Protege5

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magnum
    Look at sig, Amber, JCWHITNEY for $40 shipped
    can you post a link please?

02 Red Protege5

http://www.jcwhitney.com/

Part 73ZX6025T for amber they also have yellow ones but I do not know the part number, if you search by the part # it displays the default clear leans, but they are amber.

They fit fine with the P5 bracket but you will need to snip or tap in your wire because they are not traditonal h3 with a plug.

also trhey are 30 bucks not 40 like I stated before.

Hope this helps
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2002 Protege5

http://www.jcwhitney.com/

Part 73ZX6025T for amber they also have yellow ones but I do not know the part number, if you search by the part # it displays the default clear leans, but they are amber.

They fit fine with the P5 bracket but you will need to snip or tap in your wire because they are not traditonal h3 with a plug.

also trhey are 30 bucks not 40 like I stated before.

Hope this helps
    Thank you, I shall look into this as both of my fogs are cracked
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Protege5 (5-spd)

Does anyone have any experience with melting wires/harnesses due to the use of a 85w or 100w set of fogs? It seems to me that this would be more common with a fog requiring greater power. I'm also assuming that these aftermarket fogs are pretty plug-and-play with the stock harness, enabling use of the foglight switch (if you haven't modded to make it ineffective). Anyone have any thoughts/experience?

Alpine Head Unit & Pioneer Speakers - MSP Radio Pocket - SLS Gauge Rings - Greddy Weighted Shift Knob - Momo EBrake
    35% Front, 25% Rear Tint - DDM 4300K HIDs - Wipac Fogs - Stoptech Pads - DRT Slotted Rotors - Optima Red Top
    NGK Long-Reach Plugs - 1.8L Coil Packs - Fiamm Low-Tone Horn - MP3 ECU -
    RR Racing UDP - Simota Twin Charger CAI - Magnaflow Cat-Back
    SLS Midpipe - Tsudo Header -
    Corksport Exhaust Hangers - AWR & RR Racing Inserts - Kartboy SS & Bushings - Sumitomo HTR+ 215/40/16

2002 Mazda Protege 5

i used hella 100 watt bulbs with no problems

2002 MP5

sub

2002 Protege5

Quote Originally Posted by MazdaSpeeder
    Does anyone have any experience with melting wires/harnesses due to the use of a 85w or 100w set of fogs? It seems to me that this would be more common with a fog requiring greater power. I'm also assuming that these aftermarket fogs are pretty plug-and-play with the stock harness, enabling use of the foglight switch (if you haven't modded to make it ineffective). Anyone have any thoughts/experience?
    According to Mr Magnum, the fogs @ JC Whitney are not plug and play; however, it's just a matter of connecting two wires using whatever means you like.

02 Red Protege5

I tapped into the wires of the H3 harness for our cars, and I've had these fogs for over two yrs with the same bulb they come with and have never experienced any problems with the heat of the bulbs. The ones I referenced above are very good and very bright

Here are more pics: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94393

2002 Protege5

I tapped into the wires of the H3 harness for our cars, and I've had these fogs for over two yrs with the same bulb they come with and have never experienced any problems with the heat of the bulbs. The ones I referenced above are very good and very bright

Here are more pics: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94393
    Cool! That looks great.

02 P5

CATZ rule, make the road in front look like two eggs easy side up.

Last edited by Beau M; 06-18-2007 at 10:04 PM.

Yellow '03 5-Speed MP5

Quote Originally Posted by murda79 View Post
    I replaced my stock fogs with Catz, fitment was great and light output was even better. They were 85w not 55w. Now one of the catz is cracked so I'm removing the fogs and putting in the delete kit.
    are those, fog, driving, or spot lights?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast