Made in USA and Free Shipping on all orders shipped inside the US.
Made in USA and Free Shipping on all orders shipped inside the US.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket fog light discussion thread

2003 Protege5

I wish OEMs weren't so expensive. I have one with a rock chip out of the glass, and would love to replace it for purely cosmetic reasons. Seems like all these aftermarket ones being discussed don't actually fit easily, or are just as expensive as stock.
    2003 Laser Blue Mica Protege5
    - Eibach Pro Kit Springs - Kartboy Short Shifter - Kartboy Shifter Bushings - Mazda6 Wagon Rear Wiper - CX-7 Antenna - Racing Beat Catback Exhaust - Kartboy Exhaust Hangers - XM Radio - DaveB Rings -

l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l

P5

Quote Originally Posted by Dim
    (assuming you have done the foglight mod).
    whats the foglight mod?

Slow 350Z -> Fast Mazda3 Bijou-MP5's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2010 Mazda3 S Hatch

installation piaa40 was not bad, but it is big light. it's not actually fog light, it is driving light.
    I believe piaa520?? fits like stock.
    right now, I have cats fog lights and they are bright.
    MAZDA TEAM THE FUTURE OF BIOMEDICAL

2002 Mazda Protege 5

Quote Originally Posted by silverpro5
    whats the foglight mod?
    rewire the fogs to run on DRL's instead of the low beams?
    or so they're always on?

Mods
    AEM SRI/K&N Filter & Wrap/NSN IM Spacer/VTCS Removed/OBX Header/MAM Midpipe/Racing Beat Cat-back/AWR Motor Mounts/Kartboy Bushings & Hangers/MAM Guage Rings/B&M Short Shifter/Mazda6 Shift Knob/Redline Leather Shift Boot/Tokico HB Struts/Racing Beat Lowering Springs/Mazda6 Rims/BF Goodrich G-Force/MSP Calipers & Rotors/Corksport SS Brake Lines/Goodridge SS Clutch Line/6000K HID's/5% Llumar Tint/Optima Yellowtop Battery/Dynamat Extreme/Alpine 6.5" Touchscreen DVD with Sirius Tuner/Alpine V12 Amps/Focal Speakers & Subs/Monster Cable & Cap/Tribute Washer Nozzles/NGK Long Reach Plugs/1.8L Coil Swap/626 Valve Cover/De-Badged Grill (I did this on purpose, I swear)

Wish List
    NEW MOTOR

2002 Protege5

Quote Originally Posted by silverpro5
    whats the foglight mod?
    The foglight mod allows you to turn your foglights on independently of headlights.

A member on here recently did the mod and said he followed this how-to:
    /forum/showt...=fog+light+mod

edit: this mod gives you better control of the foglight switch, basically.
    Last edited by Sveivo; 03-18-2007 at 05:14 PM.

2003 Protege5

I did that mod, it's worth it. Why would you want fogs that can only run with the lowbeams on?? Makes no sense to me.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2002 Mazda Protege 5

i re-wired my fogs so that i can have them on when my parking lights are on, my low-beams are on, and my high beams.

whatever i did though i can't turn the fogs off. the switch is useless now.

whenever a park/low/high is on, the fogs are on.

AccordSportMT

I exchanged emails with the guy selling Catz lights on Ebay. Seems like a really nice fellow who's somewhat flexible in his pricing. He also sent me the attached writeup on installation in a P5 if anyone's interested.

Looks like a really nice product but they're a little small for my taste. I'm going rally style--PIAA 520s.
    Attached Files Attached Files

2012 Mazda 3i Skyactiv Hatchback

Alright sorta offtopic but 1 of my fogs have a small hole in it from a rock or whatever but I was curious if sticking on some rockblocker film on it is a good idea or bad idea. The reason I ask is because if I stick it on, will the gases expand and create air bubbles?

2002 Protege5

Quote Originally Posted by JoshP5
    I exchanged emails with the guy selling Catz lights on Ebay. Seems like a really nice fellow who's somewhat flexible in his pricing. He also sent me the attached writeup on installation in a P5 if anyone's interested.

Looks like a really nice product but they're a little small for my taste. I'm going rally style--PIAA 520s.
    Wow, great. What is this guy's ebay ID?
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

AccordSportMT

jcatz872

like we used to say pass the peas's Avatar

02.P5.MT

Slightly OT: Does anyone know if any aftermarket cap will fit onto the stock lamp? I'm fairly satisfied with the stock fogs, but I'd like the option of putting a cover on them when I feel like it.
    02 P5 M/T (p5silver) K&N panel filter, Mazdaspeed axleback, B&M gear change lever, Mazdaspeed knob. Dave B rings, retired. =[

06 MX-5 Grand Touring 6 M/T-- Quaife LSD, Racing Beat springs, Koni sports, Hotchkis bars, RoadsterSport muffler. =]

I don't think anyone has ever asked that before. Well we know the diameter of the stock fogs, so I bet one could be found that fit.

AccordSportMT

I don't know, dude. I've seen a lot of fogs but none of them are 5-3/4"--Aftermarket fogs are always a little bigger or smaller.

......................... i12drivemyMP5's Avatar
    Donated: $5

323F

Quote Originally Posted by Cellerator
    Alright sorta offtopic but 1 of my fogs have a small hole in it from a rock or whatever but I was curious if sticking on some rockblocker film on it is a good idea or bad idea. The reason I ask is because if I stick it on, will the gases expand and create air bubbles?
    Mine have 2 chips on 1 side & 1 on the other. I just used clear silicone to plug the hole for the time being so they don't fill with anything or pop the bulb. Light output unaffected. I will use them until dead before I put in the new unchipped set I got from the FS section with set of rockblockers waiting to go on them. Mine have been fine for quite a while with no problems. They get used all the time.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast