Aftermarket fog light discussion thread

Thanks for the advice on the Eagle Eyes. The Blinglights arrived today and I took a few pics of my installation.

This is the front of the light, a single screw holds the lens in the plastic casing.
IMG_20120427_180415.jpg

Once opened, this is how it's wired from the factory.The stock harness clips in to the H3 bulb and onto the back of the lens without any modifications.
IMG_20120427_180510.jpg

I swapped out the stock white bulbs for some yellow ones and installed on the vehicle.
IMG_20120427_183547.jpg

The only mod was to open the casing, disconnect the extension wires, and hookup the existing harness. You will need to make a new seal where the wires enter the casing if you're concerned about water getting in there. The OEM wires have a grommet, but it's too large.

IMG_20120427_180320.jpg

I've also installed my Blinglights fogs today. From here: http://8007610235.ecrater.com/p/3189353/55-5-1-2-inch-round-universal-fog-lights
Here are my pics.

The lights and the yellow overlay:
2hh2ipt.jpg

8yxawx.jpg

2uotc1z.jpg

8x663q.jpg

29wkchh.jpg

Stupid WA-DOT doesn't require gravel trucks to have tarps or covers....
2cru8mu.jpg

2m2zuo8.jpg

One side done, new and old comparison:
2lwlso5.jpg

This light is by no means perfect though. You do see that single lens holding screw stick out like a sore thumb below the light. Get this if you can stand that.
For 50 bucks, it beats a lot of other options including the stock fogs from the stealership.
ie2v55.jpg

szkh95.jpg

xatmap.jpg

j6or9z.jpg

2u9k19d.jpg

153mddt.jpg

This light is by no means perfect though. You do see that single lens holding screw stick out like a sore thumb below the light. Get this if you can stand that.
For 50 bucks, it beats a lot of other options including the stock fogs from the stealership.

Agreed completely, those yellow overlays look nice.

Bump. Anyone have measurements on late model mustang fogs? There are some inexpensive aftermarkets on eBay but I can't find any info on their size.

a bit of a necro...

so what's the consensus on foglights?
Bought another P5 a couple of days ago and both foglights are done for - right side has huge shards missing and the left side has a tiny bullet entrance hole with some sort of mold/snowlike substance growing inside. I'm not going to bother with the weak and expensive OEMs, so it's either aftermarket fogs or OEM fog light deletes. Anyone have any luck with the OP post Hella 500s? Seem cheap and well built.

a bit of a necro...

so what's the consensus on foglights?
Bought another P5 a couple of days ago and both foglights are done for - right side has huge shards missing and the left side has a tiny bullet entrance hole with some sort of mold/snowlike substance growing inside. I'm not going to bother with the weak and expensive OEMs, so it's either aftermarket fogs or OEM fog light deletes. Anyone have any luck with the OP post Hella 500s? Seem cheap and well built.

Check my post above with the actually link to the fogs (I do not work for that website/vendor).
There are only 50 bucks a pair.

Check my post above with the actually link to the fogs (I do not work for that website/vendor).
There are only 50 bucks a pair.

Thanks for the above link, this post is 2 years old and they still offer these fogs at a great price and deliver to Canada Eh!

Old thread...but are these the 5.5 or 6" lights?

I've also installed my Blinglights fogs today. From here: http://8007610235.ecrater.com/p/3189353/55-5-1-2-inch-round-universal-fog-lights
Here are my pics.

The lights and the yellow overlay:
2hh2ipt.jpg

8yxawx.jpg

2uotc1z.jpg

8x663q.jpg

29wkchh.jpg

Stupid WA-DOT doesn't require gravel trucks to have tarps or covers....
2cru8mu.jpg

2m2zuo8.jpg

One side done, new and old comparison:
2lwlso5.jpg

ie2v55.jpg

szkh95.jpg

xatmap.jpg

j6or9z.jpg

2u9k19d.jpg

153mddt.jpg

Any update on replacement fog lights? I see some on ebay between $65 and $100 each. I'm just looking for something easy install, affordable, OEM quality or better.

Back