Aftermarket fog light discussion thread

about to try and install my Catz. does anyone know where to feed the wires through the firewall?

Last edited:
about to try and install my Catz. does anyone know where to feed the wires through the firewall?

rewire them into the factory harness if possible. other than that idk.
i would guess you would have to drill a hole in the firewall.

using the factory wiring isnt a good idea because the bulbs are 85W and might melt the wires. :( i think i found a place to stick them through, i'd just have to poke a hole in the rubber.

these pieces of s*** broke for the 3rd time now, even had the rock blocker on (scratch)

does anyone know if we can fit the H3 Short HID's into our stock fogs??

has anyone put rockblockers on the catz 85W? i want to put some on mine but i dont want them to melt. anyone done it w/o complications?

using the factory wiring isnt a good idea because the bulbs are 85W and might melt the wires. :( i think i found a place to stick them through, i'd just have to poke a hole in the rubber.

I have had my Catz 85W's running on my factory wiring for a month or two now and they seem fine to me. No dimming in the lights which is the tell-tale sign melted wires.

has anyone put rockblockers on the catz 85W? i want to put some on mine but i dont want them to melt. anyone done it w/o complications?

You would be best to order a set of rockblockers to be slightly smaller in diameter than the full size of the light, to allow heat to escape around the edges.

85w can produce alot of heat. (flame2)

i can buy a sheet of !2"x12" for cheaper than the ones precut and i can cut them myself :)

Thread revival. I'm just curious if anyone can compare the Catz yellow fog setup to the PIAA 520's. I'm going to be ordering new fogs, and, am curious whose got the better setup? I might be able to get a NIB catz yellow setup for $90 or so, but, the PIAA's I can get NIB for $190. We're talking $100 difference. is there that big a difference in the light distribution? I know i'm paying for the PIAA name, but, are they really better?

Tylor

I really like my Catz. I've had them for about 3 months now and use them a lot. I had yellow bulbs in the clear housings but when one burnt out I replaced them with Hella H3's along with Hella's H7's for the headlights and they look really good, and are pretty bright. And they're hooked up to the factory harness without any melting.

Allright, i just ordered 2500k PIAA ION PLASMA YELLOW H3 bulbs. How well will they do? In reality.

I've got a set in my wife's car. Here's them in my car though.
DSC00363.jpg

And you can kinda tell they're on in this pic.

DSC00325_1.jpg

But the stock fog housings just suck.

Tylor

Crappy pic, I know. bad camera settings

DSC00522.jpg

And another during the day. I'm getting a tripod to get better night shots soon

Liight.jpg

Tylor

Last edited:
Back