tokico hp's vs illumina

2k2silvermp5

Car lover of all kinds
Contributor
:
2011 MS3
I'm looking into putting new struts on the p5 becuz the originals are about had it. I like the adjustablity of the illuminas, I have these on my crx but don't really need the adjustability being I drive the car everyday. Plus the price difference of the illuminas vs the hp's. I also want to start using my awr end links and heard that the illuminas had a sturdier endlink bracket over the hp's. Any help in this would be appreciated

have the combo awr and illuminas..last 3 yrs, nice and i like the adjustability, but it's not necessary unless you wanna autox

2k2silvermp5 said:
I also want to start using my awr end links and heard that the illuminas had a sturdier endlink bracket over the hp's.

I never knew that there was a difference in those tabs between the two?

I don't think there is a difference between the tabs for the endlinks. The HPs would be a better choice IMO for street driving. You most likely wouldn't use the Illuminas on the higher settings. Save the money.

i've been with iluminas for 1.5 years now, love them, i autox ocationally so it's nice to have a super firm ride at the race, then drive home on setting 2 :)

while the HP's do not have the adjustability the Illumina's have, the illumina's have a shorter strut body, which lends itself better for lowering springs.

njaremka said:
while the HP's do not have the adjustability the Illumina's have, the illumina's have a shorter strut body, which lends itself better for lowering springs.

=

Sick Drop (headbang)

I have the OEM MSP struts on my car. I believe they are the HP's. If you want to look at them we could meet up somewhere.

zumzumzoom03 said:
I have the OEM MSP struts on my car. I believe they are the HP's. If you want to look at them we could meet up somewhere.

They are revalved (lower dampening than normal), and the rear perch is positioned differently, but the endlink mounting tab would be the same for comparison purposes yeah.

zumzumzoom03 said:

Where at in york do you live??? I didn't know there were any speeds around this area

2k2silvermp5 said:
Where at in york do you live??? I didn't know there were any speeds around this area

I'm actually outside of York in Spring Grove.. I work at Outback once a week in York. There is one other one that I know of in York. It's another black '03 MSP and he is on this forum too from time to time. I think I spoke to you before about mine being for sale. But if I didn't feel free to spread the word. I can meet you in York if you want to check the struts out or just want to see what a MSP feels like.

Attachments

• img014.jpg
    img014.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 362
  • img016.jpg
    img016.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 359
wow, suprised I've never seen the car around. I think I'm just gonna go w/ the illuminas, but if you ever wanna sell that hood look me up

zumzumzoom03 said:
I'm actually outside of York in Spring Grove.. I work at Outback once a week in York. There is one other one that I know of in York. It's another black '03 MSP and he is on this forum too from time to time. I think I spoke to you before about mine being for sale. But if I didn't feel free to spread the word. I can meet you in York if you want to check the struts out or just want to see what a MSP feels like.

Latest posts

Back