Front Passenger Side CLUNK!!!

vancitymsp

:
03.5 Yellow MSP
Clunking noise coming from the front passenger side. Who else has this problem?
It can be heard while driving over the smallest bump on the road.
Only time it can't be heard is when i'm driving on new paved roads.
Before, I had "surround sound clunk" Had the rear clunk fixed, now it's the front!!!
What is going on with this car?
From most of the threads i've searched, sounds like it could be the front sway bar bushings.
I greased the hell out of them with lithium based grease, but still the clunk, the bushings could be broken? or is it something else that's causing the noise?

Fellow MSP pros, lend me your wisdom please! (rei)

Im having the same problem. I got my rear fix yesterday now my front is making that clunk noise now. Its really annoying and it getting on my nerves. With all the stupid problems this car has it making me wanna sell the car. I really don't want to but im tired of fooling with it.(potkettle

Every time I shell out the money to fix one of the retarted ishues that pops up with my car (usually 400$ or so) something else like this pops up. I am going to fix my problem with the best mod I am ever going to make to my MSP, Replacing it with another car!

Clunking noise coming from the front passenger side. Who else has this problem?
It can be heard while driving over the smallest bump on the road.
Only time it can't be heard is when i'm driving on new paved roads.
Before, I had "surround sound clunk" Had the rear clunk fixed, now it's the front!!!
What is going on with this car?
From most of the threads i've searched, sounds like it could be the front sway bar bushings.
I greased the hell out of them with lithium based grease, but still the clunk, the bushings could be broken? or is it something else that's causing the noise?

Fellow MSP pros, lend me your wisdom please! (rei)

Any news on this? I'm getting pretty much the same thing. Although I'm going to check my motor mounts because I recently installed new ones.

motor mounts usually are a culprit, but not when going over bumps. Probably just a sway bar link rotating and hitting. Here is a quick "fix" for clunking sway bar links front or rear that haven't actually failed. Just wrap a hose clamp (metal one) between the ball end and the link to stop it from rotating while being pressed on. If it works, viola, order a new link. Rubber grommets between the link and the bar and arm also work. The hose clamp is a quick test without having to remove anything.

front endlinks

Yea, the only time I've ever heard my front clunk like the rears sound is when I had a loose endlink bolt. Or was it no endlink bolt. Gosh can't remember now. Basically my swaybar was slapping something else under the car so I prob lost an endlink bolt then. It was shortly after I did springs on her too. Didn't tighten stuff up well enough.

I just had a clunk fixed at the dealership and it was a sway bar link. Cost me about $180 including labour cnd. It sounds like the same thing but with a clunk it could be anything.....

I just had a clunk fixed at the dealership and it was a sway bar link. Cost me about $180 including labour cnd. It sounds like the same thing but with a clunk it could be anything.....

Yeah, I was just changing my oil and started fiddling around and found that it is the front link that is clunking. I tried to tighten it up but that damn allen bolt just crumbled. Well, off to the dealer I go.

Yeah, I was just changing my oil and started fiddling around and found that it is the front link that is clunking. I tried to tighten it up but that damn allen bolt just crumbled. Well, off to the dealer I go.

Strormtrooper77, any updates on the problem? was it concluded that it is your front endlinks that was causing the problem?

Strormtrooper77, any updates on the problem? was it concluded that it is your front endlinks that was causing the problem?

Yes, it was the front endlinks. I bought new ones and installed them myself. You'll need to grind the things off as the allen bolt will just strip on you.

Back