Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 4 of 572 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your Miata today?

2006 Speed6 GT

Wow man, that definitely sucks.
    Keep us posted...literally...post up pics.
    :P

Click me-->_SlammedSedanRegime_<--Click me
    -'06 WWP MazdaSpeed6 GT - 'Attack Panda'
    -'07 CWP CX-7 Touring - 'Family Hauler'

-'91 Miata Turbo SOLD
    -'02 Protege5 SOLD
    -'93 Project MX-6 SOLD

2005 Mazda 6S Hatch

Just did a massive cleaning and detailing. Had half the desert in my miata!!! It took a good 3.5hrs. , but was well worth it.

Especially the engine bay. Been doing a lot of work round there as of late, and hav'nt had a chance to clean up my mess. Gotta love Simple Green!! Does a great job getting through grease and grime.

Also an oil change (Royal Purple 10W-40). Seems to do the job perfectly when quieting the HLA's. Not to mention it handles quite well in the heat, with stop/go traffic.
    05' Mazda6 S Hatch (Black Onyx/Tan)

http://squintzy.mybrute.com

2005 Mazda 6S Hatch

Well... it looks like I'm up for a new top yet again.

This will be the second time that I've had to have my Robbins top replaced, due to the glue not being up to par!

I got a cloth zipless glass window top from Robbins, through Raven Wing Performance. They're pretty good with following through on their warrantees. The first time the glue that held the winow in place started to give....thus the window would start to cave-in on the inside. Robbins replaced the top with no problem at all. Not even a full year later, and yet again, the glue is not doing it's job!!!! This time it's on the outside along the seam. At first I though it was just some dirt. But after a while, I noticed the separting seam started to get bigger.

So now I'm getting another new top. I think this time around I'm just going to ask for a regular top with the zippered plastic window. At least that way I won't have to worry about the problems that were going on with the cloth zipperless glass top.

Plus..... I also miss being able to unzip the rear window with the top up, for that "covered venting" effect, without the drag.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Green '99 MX-5 Roadster, Blue '87 RX-7 Coupe, '77 RX-3 SP Coupe

man... i've only replaced my top once... and it was such a pain in my arse, and still doesn't quite fit right... (mine wasnt an oem replacement or a robbins tho...)

i swear im never doing a top replacement again, ehe... the one thing i actually haven't enjoyed while working on this car ehe...

Blue '87 RX-7 Coupe / Green '99 MX-5 Roadster/'77 RX-3 SP Coupe

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Mazda Miata BRG Special Edition

she's almost on the road again

Quote Originally Posted by kcbhiw
    Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear this. Good luck with the rebuild and keep us up to date on the restoration. Kudos for undertaking this and saving her from the scrapper.

I found a pro to put the 91BRG back on the road. He was able to straighten out most of the parts. I needed a new radiator. I spoke with him this week he said it should ready next week!

IMG_1298.JPG.JPG

Donated: $5
    Miata / MX-5 Moderator

64 Valves, 16 Cylinders, 7.2L, 622 HP

Quote Originally Posted by slc91brg
    I found a pro to put the 91BRG back on the road. He was able to straighten out most of the parts. I needed a new radiator. I spoke with him this week he said it should ready next week!

IMG_1298.JPG.JPG
    That's excellent news!! She looks pretty rough in that pic. I'm glad she'll see the open road again.

-----In Other News-----

Today's project:
    Type II Torsen with 4.30:1 ratio installed into the CSP car. Pics coming soon.
    -Kevin

2002.5 Protege 5 - The Daily
    1991 Tracer LTS - Turbocharged AWD GRM $2008 Challenger - Follow the build HERE!
    1990 Miata #1 - #80 CSP - '01 1.8L w/VVT Swap, Dedicated Racer
    1990 Miata #2 - #2 Turbocharged Grassroots Motorsports $2007 Challenger - BUILD

Resident Autocrosser Mazdaspeedgirl's Avatar

2011 Fiesta SES | 2006 Honda S2000

I smacked his butt.
    Diane
    SASCA Member
    Ludicrous Speed Racing

2005 Mazda 6S Hatch

This is a week late.... just replace the top for the Robbins vinyl zippered plastic window. Everything went through without a hitch. Did'nt cost me thing!

Had Autospa USA do the job in order to keep the warrantee good. It's a good thing to be able to see properly out of the rear window (unlike the sunfast cloth zipperless glass window, which hangs low and makes visibility a pain).
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

muffled screams
    Protege5 & Protege FS Moderator

1992 Miata / 2003 Pathfinder

Well, a couple days late, but got her another Atlanta SCCA region STS2 win under the lights @ our first night event. It was a BUNCH of fun, and stupid fast .
    ~Andrew
    Atlanta Region SCCA
    114 DP

2005 Mazda 6S Hatch

Quote Originally Posted by aMaff
    Well, a couple days late, but got her another Atlanta SCCA region STS2 win under the lights @ our first night event. It was a BUNCH of fun, and stupid fast .
    Good job!!!
    I miss being able to have the time to do things like that.

maybe when I relocate to Illinois next year, I'll have time to get some things done.

Red face still waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by kcbhiw
    That's excellent news!! She looks pretty rough in that pic. I'm glad she'll see the open road again.

-----In Other News-----

Today's project:
    Type II Torsen with 4.30:1 ratio installed into the CSP car. Pics coming soon.
    I'm still waiting for the return of my Miata. Bummer, I was on vacation last week and the weather was great for zooooommmming!

I'm going to check out the progress today

Resident Autocrosser Mazdaspeedgirl's Avatar

2011 Fiesta SES | 2006 Honda S2000

We put a brand new motor in (yes, new, not rebuilt).

2005 Mazda 6S Hatch

^^ Sweet!!!^^
    Looks nice and clean!

Well.... that virtually boots what I did today,out of content.

Rain-X'd my windows and changed my blades.

muffled screams
    Protege5 & Protege FS Moderator

1992 Miata / 2003 Pathfinder

it's the little things that matter

Well, I'm sick of my shitty endlinks. Under braking, they'd pop and give, screwing a bit with the car's attitude mid corner. They never fully lined up 100% correctly, and the bar's pre-loaded. SO, I finally found a product that'll fulfill my needs. I'm going from the Racing Beats:

to Gearhead Garage:

these should work just fine I think

Page 4 of 572 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast