CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
Page 2 of 555 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your Miata today?

muffled screams
    Protege5 & Motorsports Moderator

1992 Miata / 2003 Pathfinder

I should be re-rolling my front passenger fender, and rolling the rest. Why re-rolling you may ask? My co-driver last weekend managed to slide the car over a cone that got caught between the tire and the fender, so instead of having a lip like this 'L' it's just like this '|' for about 3 inches at the top of the fender arch lol

Also ordered a few parts for the tranny I've got sitting in my storage closet....
    Clutch Disc B630-16-460 *
    Release Collar B622-16-510 *
    Clutch Pilot Bearing F801-11-303 *
    Pressure Plate B622-16-410 *
    Shifter Dust Boot M514-17-475
    Insulation F801-64-495
    Top Dust Boot NA01-64-481A *

Hello State tax refund! Goodbye State tax refund . It's ok, I'll get to keep my federal refund! Oh wait...good seat sliders (using stockers right now), harness and a roll bar. Shit. There went that one too
    Last edited by aMaff; 03-24-2007 at 10:37 AM.
    ~Andrew
    Atlanta Region SCCA
    114 DP

Moving forward slow and steady. Relief cuts have been made in the mani. Now it's getting roughly port matched with the old exhaust mani gasket. There are area's of up to a 2mm overlap when overlaying the gasket. The oil return line is in. It is amazing how made for a turbo these cars are. The oil return on the block is a rubber plug that must be removed and the oil feed is a little plug too.

Donated: $5
    Miata / MX-5 Moderator

64 Valves, 16 Cylinders, 7.2L, 622 HP

What manifold is that? It looks similar to the GReddy knock off that I have on the challenge car. There is/was lots of overlap on the mating surface.
    -Kevin

2002.5 Protege 5 - The Daily
    1991 Tracer LTS - Turbocharged AWD GRM $2008 Challenger - Follow the build HERE!
    1990 Miata #1 - #80 CSP - '01 1.8L w/VVT Swap, Dedicated Racer
    1990 Miata #2 - #2 Turbocharged Grassroots Motorsports $2007 Challenger - BUILD

Shiftless When Idle SilverBulletES's Avatar

'90 MX-5, '00 328i

Well, put in some NGK blue wires and NGK plugs in yesterday. Car runs smoother now. Those stock wires and plugs had gone baaaad.

Trying to get a used Greddy kit off miata.net but I think I was beaten to the punch.

Here's me pre- Azenis

I was going to do an autocross last weekend but Velocifero came in town and kept me up and boozin'. That's my excuse. I had too much work shit to do anyway on Saturday.

Next logical step is a proper alignment and install the new brake pads, but I do want turbooooo.
    Last edited by SilverBulletES; 04-03-2007 at 02:02 AM.
    Former Miata and Protegé owner, current E46 owner, soon to be CX-5 owner?

It is the greddy manifold. Lots and lots of casting overlap. Do you have the ETD manifold? It is a stainless greddy knock off.

2006 Speed6 GT

I installed some door speakers and some new headrest speakers & put the extra MSP amp/sub setup in the trunk. Other than that...nothing.

Click me-->_SlammedSedanRegime_<--Click me
    -'06 WWP MazdaSpeed6 GT - 'Attack Panda'
    -'07 CWP CX-7 Touring - 'Family Hauler'

-'91 Miata Turbo SOLD
    -'02 Protege5 SOLD
    -'93 Project MX-6 SOLD

Miata / MX-5 Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by melicha8
    It is the greddy manifold. Lots and lots of casting overlap. Do you have the ETD manifold? It is a stainless greddy knock off.
    The manifold I have looks identical to the cast GReddy unit, without the GReddy logo. 'twas an ebay Chinese knockoff.

Quote Originally Posted by JDM-P5
    I installed some door speakers and some new headrest speakers & put the extra MSP amp/sub setup in the trunk. Other than that...nothing.
    That stuff = teh slowAr.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

'90 MX-5, '00 328i

Quote Originally Posted by kcbhiw
    That stuff = teh slowAr.
    I have the factory Panasonic tape deck ca. 1990 in mine. And 2 half blown speakers. I'm not sure if they're original or not. (Doubt it since my car just rolled over 197K.) Fat beats for the w1n! I do plug in my iPod through a cassette adapter sometimes, but I'm more likely to wear my headphones.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2006 Speed6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBulletES
    I have the factory Panasonic tape deck ca. 1990 in mine. And 2 half blown speakers. I'm not sure if they're original or not. (Doubt it since my car just rolled over 197K.) Fat beats for the w1n! I do plug in my iPod through a cassette adapter sometimes, but I'm more likely to wear my headphones.
    Headphones while driving = dangerous!

Kev...I NEED music...lol....

'90 MX-5, '00 328i

I know I know....

Plus I have to pull them out when I see cops. Which is distracting.

I would like to do the headrest speaker thing eventually. I like my beats. Half the reason I sold my motorcycle and bought a Miata.

Miata / MX-5 Moderator

As much as I want to disagree with you guys about the audio thing, I just can't bring myself to remove the radio system from my Miata, hehe. Having a few tunes while driving helps, and if right, can set the pace for the event to which I'm driving .

I'll take it out one of these days.

More work. Port matching done along with a good cleaning. Bolted and torqued on with oil feed and return plumbed.

muffled screams
    Protege5 & Motorsports Moderator

1992 Miata / 2003 Pathfinder

mmmmm snail

Miata / MX-5 Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by melicha8
    More work. Port matching done along with a good cleaning. Bolted and torqued on with oil feed and return plumbed.
    If I may ask, where is that drain line going (or is it just sitting there)? Looking good so far. If only these things stayed this clean forever.

Green '99 MX-5 Roadster, Blue '87 RX-7 Coupe, '77 RX-3 SP Coupe

picked up some team dynamics pro race 1's, 15x7's 35mm offset wrapped in some toyo RA1's for the track

fabricated a bracket to hang my camera from the windshield to videotape my driving skeeeelz.

Blue '87 RX-7 Coupe / Green '99 MX-5 Roadster/'77 RX-3 SP Coupe

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Page 2 of 555 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast