What have you done to your Miata today?

Put my first set of Hawk HP Plus' on the fronts. Then proceed to bee them in. Oh dear. What a braking monster. Now i have the super cool race pad squeal too. Just in time for autoX season.

I've got HP plus and racing brake slotted rotors on mine. Thankfully I have harnesses that don't let me hit the windshield...

Put my first set of Hawk HP Plus' on the fronts. Then proceed to bee them in. Oh dear. What a braking monster. Now i have the super cool race pad squeal too. Just in time for autoX season.

I really hope that's not on an NA...

eesh, front lock-up funtime! Unless you're running an aftermarket (or pretty much any other non-NA) proportioning valve, I'd recommend against running HP+s up front. To call the brakes touchy once they warm up is an understatement

Roof Wrap

Attachments

• DSC03305 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03305 (Medium).JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 125
eesh, front lock-up funtime! Unless you're running an aftermarket (or pretty much any other non-NA) proportioning valve, I'd recommend against running HP+s up front. To call the brakes touchy once they warm up is an understatement

Yea..its an NA. I have gotten pretty good at finding the limit of where they lock up. They do lock up easier i have noticed, but all of that i can control since i am used to no ABS and by swapping out to grippier tires that limit will be higher..

Bruce, that's pretty neat. I had no clue as to what you were doing with the wrap. I dig it. I look forward to seeing it in May.

Did you consider doing the windshield surrounds and rear piece? I think this would look really nice.

I did but ulitmately decided not to. I like those pieces still in the normal colour.

Bruce, that's pretty neat. I had no clue as to what you were doing with the wrap. I dig it. I look forward to seeing it in May.

Thanks Phen. Was a little nervous but happy with the results. Best part, if I get bored with it, it can be easily removed. No harm to the paint.

I spent $25

671c5b29.jpg

My boss says i can bend it all back into shape with a torch. . . or if i do decide to build a new set from the specs i can get from em, he will do the welding for me

So from these HOPEFULLY i'll be making something that will house a TL projector as well as a clear lens to seal up the headlight area

Back