What have you done to your Miata today?

Got new toys for her

17969_1340184065582_1260572038_2668247_4205208_n.jpg

well after a stressful month of things not going as planned (also a nail in my new azeni)I finally finished with the miata's suspension. I installed some apexi coilovers 8k front and 6k rear, energy suspenion bushings throughout all the arms also the diff bushings, swapped in larger NB miata brakes, installed cannon rear subframe brace to replace my bent 949 brace. now all i need is a decent paint job.

Last edited:
Has anyone got BC Coilovers on there MX-5?

Any good?

I'm looking at either Tein SS or BC Coilovers

Teins are double the price or there abouts

Haven't heard much from the BCs

i have bc's in the protege, install was easy, the stance, adjustabilty is great...but since the cold weather has set in, my ride is very "bouncy" i've adj them 6 ways to sunday and haven't had much luck...but the good weather ride was fine! some have complained of broken tabs??? if i was going to change out my suspension on the msm, i'd prob go with something different though..

Head gasket, valve cover gasket, 949Racing end links and a rattle can of Crystal White paint are on the way. I'm working on the wife to take advantage of the current 25% sale on Konis and get a set of yellows.

Saturday is gonna be busy

radiator and hoses replacement, timing belt, water pump, thermostat, accesory belts, valve cover gasket. . .. . . i know there are more parts in the boxes in teh garage, just can't remember what they are. . .

Head gasket, valve cover gasket, 949Racing end links and a rattle can of Crystal White paint are on the way. I'm working on the wife to take advantage of the current 25% sale on Konis and get a set of yellows.

Nice, and good luck :). Give me or Kevin a call if you've got any questions about doing the head gasket work and we'll set you right.

Last edited:
Has anyone got BC Coilovers on there MX-5?

Any good?

I'm looking at either Tein SS or BC Coilovers

Teins are double the price or there abouts

Haven't heard much from the BCs

I have the BCs on my car. I can adjust them to be softer then the mazdaspeed bilsteins or to back breaking. The way you adjust the height does not mess with how much suspension travel you have either. Over all i like them, but i have not had the chance to take the car to a race event to really put them through their paces.

I took my Mazdaspeed mx5 stock IHI RHF5 turbocharger apart & took a lot of pictures.

b_151733.jpg

b_180934.jpg

New stock IHI RHF5 turbocharger
b_172755.jpg

b_114042.jpg

b_164057.jpg

b_163052.jpg

b_004929.jpg

piston ring & thrust collar
b_100725.jpg

thrust bearing
b_101358.jpg

b_101720.jpg

b_102208.jpg

journal bearing turbine side of turbo
b_140251.jpg

shaft rotor turbine wheel (coking)
b_004001.jpg

turbine wheel
b_005927.jpg

rotor assembly
b_005614.jpg

cartridge
b_010629.jpg

b_160851.jpg

b_225507.jpg

Last edited:
i have bc's in the protege, install was easy, the stance, adjustabilty is great...but since the cold weather has set in, my ride is very "bouncy" i've adj them 6 ways to sunday and haven't had much luck...but the good weather ride was fine! some have complained of broken tabs??? if i was going to change out my suspension on the msm, i'd prob go with something different though..

Thanks for that

So from the sounds of things you don't rate them worthy of putting into the MX-5

I have the BCs on my car. I can adjust them to be softer then the mazdaspeed bilsteins or to back breaking. The way you adjust the height does not mess with how much suspension travel you have either. Over all i like them, but i have not had the chance to take the car to a race event to really put them through their paces.

Any idea when you will be

I'm in no rush to get them

In fact I may even decide not to get any at all

Removed cheap ghetto craigslist HID kit previous owner had installed on my car, and installed a set of HALO Isis Blue H4 Bulbs, keeps it near the same color but I now have high and low beams. This weekend will be finishing what i started and relocate the individual toggles for headlight motors to inside the armrest and replacing the missing radio bezel and hazard/foglight switch.

Back